bearing sleeves

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by dragster156, Jan 21, 2019.

1. dragster156

dragster156 Member

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy all the sleeves of bearings

Also , I always ran coated bearing in my nitrous motors - this year with the blower I did not as they came with the motor non coated. Do you guys prefer coated or just plain is fine?

The ones I ran were the clevites CB1512v
    MB3248v
    MB3249M

Thanks

2. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

I’ve always run plain unless there was an issue. Theoretical example: let’s say the rear main is being problematic and it’s getting into or sometimes spinning the rear main. Now your out a block repair and a crank repair. If you ran a coated bearing it only would have cost you a bearing and some polishing cloth.

I was told by the person doing the coatings when I switched one particular engine to coated bearings to keep an eye on them. Not really sure what that meant, but I didn’t pay it any mind as I usually keep a pretty good eye on things to begin with. The down side is the coating takes up space so you need some extra clearance somewhere or you may run the risk of too little oil clearance. This may be as easy as polishing the back side of the bearing shells. The engine I switched to the coated bearings, I polished the backside of the bearings and polished the crank to get the clearance I wanted after the bearing would be coated. I then sent the bearings out to be coated and re-checked the clearance upon their arrival.

dragster156 likes this.
  3. dragster156

dragster156 Member

I have zero issues staying with non coated

4. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Around 175.00 for uppers