Bartone Caught Cheating

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by kensfastcars, Dec 5, 2011.

1. kensfastcars

kensfastcars TAFC/TAD

The "Bartone" TAFC team should be stripped of all winnings, points and the display iron for the 2011 season, a large fine (not $5,000.00) and be forced to sit out the 2012 season. How can they ever attend another race, what a disgrace to this great TAFC class. Total loozers in my eyes...

2. genevajames

genevajames New Member

He is the first of several more.

3. moldenhauerracing

moldenhauerracing New Member

What did he do?

4. Butch Blair

Butch Blair Member

Bartone

Look down a little further to Blower inspections

5. moldenhauerracing

moldenhauerracing New Member

You have to ask yourself, was it worth it?

6. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Official Points
    Last Update: 11/20/2011
    Questions or Point Standings Inquiries
    Contact NHRA Points
    How points are earned

Top Alcohol Funny Car
    Position Driver Points N/D
    01 Frank Manzo 850 8/8
    02 Tony Bartone 766 10/7

Someone only had to pay a $5K fine , seems pretty cheap for 2nd place
    nothing against T bone if he didnt know but
    would they have been #2 without it is my question?

7. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

i think it's funny how there was such an uprising after the required electronics malfunctioned at INDY and cost them the championship and when NHRA outlawed the 2-steps on clutch cars, but soooo quiet now! hmmmm

8. HemiCuda

HemiCuda New Member

“They were looking for a significant modification in the blowers and did not find them and found a deburring mark in the front case (of the blower) and made a mountain out of a mole hill,” Boggs said. “They completely overreacted to this deburring mark in the blower (in the front case).”

Deburring mark may be an over-exagerration, but Boggs is not a cheater! Never was and never will be...

9. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

this does not fit with the things gray said. He said “What led us to fine them, and this is true in all of our classes, we found a modification to the blower that was illegal,” Glen Gray, NHRA’s Vice President, Technical Operations told CompetitionPlus.com. “It is actually illegal to modify a blower in any way. First of all, it is an SFI (Foundation Inc.) approved part, so when you start modifying things on the blower you are violating the SFI certification of the part. Also, the modification was obviously intended to be a performance enhancement.

and then he said “In talking to the manufacturer of the blower, there have been other blowers modified in this manner, so it wasn’t an accident,” Gray said.

and jay paine sad this “They (NHRA) never said a word,” said Payne when asked if NHRA asked him to get his supercharger checked. “I never had a conversation with NHRA about it all. They (NHRA) did inspect my blower in Texas (at NHRA’s Fall Nationals Sept. 22-25), and my blower was still sealed up. From the last three times it (the blower) has been inspected, it is still sealed because I do not take that stuff apart, so I do not know anything about it. The only thing I know about the whole blower thing as far I know we weren’t supposed to take them apart. They were only supposed to be taken apart by the manufacturer or somebody certified to work on them. I think my blower was checked by (NHRA) around four times last year.”

doesnt wash dude

10. HemiCuda

HemiCuda New Member

If you don't look at , inspect and massage EVERY piece on your entire car, where are you going? Theres a reason they're #2...

I raced with Boggs and can tell you if he would ever cheat, I don't think it would be by deburring a blower case.

See my above post…

Now in a brothel, I wouldn't trust him, lol!

11. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

See my post under "Pomona Blower Inspections" which is post number 81. Gray confirms that PSI has seen the modification that were done on other superchargers as well. I guess everyone who decides it's OK to take the blower apart and modify it did so by putting the same supposed deburring mark on them? I can guarantee you that none of mine have a "deburring mark" on them.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter who in that camp made the decision to take the supercharger apart and screw with it. You can't play the "I didn't do it because my name is so-and-so..." game. The reputation of the whole team is tarnished and everything they've ever done is, too. Don't believe me? Go to the Classic Funny Car Board web site and look what some have said about the numbers your guys put up at Bakersfield.