Balancer /crank tigger on blown motor?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by James D, Mar 11, 2005.

1. James D

James D New Member

I have a 588 int balanced motor with a MSD crank tigger. Since I'm now adding a 1471 and wanting to run the MSD 10+ how do I keep the crank tigger wheel. Would it be best to keep the balancer on the motor instead of a crank hub and sandwich the tigger wheel between the balancer and lower pulley? Any advantages in going to a crank hub? thanks.

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

You normally do not need a damper on a blown motor because the belts helps subdue harmonics. You need to contact RCDget the correct hub with built in degree wheel and magnets that will be strong enough to support the belt pulley.

3. hookinbull

hookinbull New Member

"I have a 588 int balanced motor with a MSD crank tigger"

if you had it balanced, then the hub was removed from the dampner, and mounted on the crank while balancing along with the trigger if done right----rig the trigger behind the hub, and space the belt out from the blower to make up any difference and let the belt take the place of the dampner---use a cranksupport if you're gona run it hard