Bad Pump? Enderle 110

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Milanmetal, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Milanmetal

Milanmetal Member

Today I was out playing in the truck and everything was running great until the truck started to sputter like it was running out of fuel. So I drove up to my fuel drum and filled her up. Well it didn't stop like it normally does. Well after checking everything else we are definitely not getting enough fuel. I would assume my pump took a crap but I was wondering if something in my K valve that could be bypassing the fuel back to the tank instead of into the engine? I've been running the same pump for a year if that matters.

Does anyone have a flowed pump for sale?

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Do you blow all the methanol out of the system and fill it with WD40 when you are through running it. The barrel is designed to be run wide open and will run lean if partially open. At any position other than ide it bypasses full to the tank via the idle return line and the main jet. At idle the fuel is bypassed just through the idle return poppet

3. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

I would suggest that you inspect your idle check poppet and any other poppet you have in the fuel system. Do you have a pressure gauge plumbed in? If you, you should so you can monitor the pressure changes. The pump can certainly be going away. Might send it off to have it flowed but you should first check the idle bypass circuit pressure. Just more .02

4. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

Any time you run a pump dry it can fail ,usually eating into the end plate.

5. Milanmetal

Milanmetal Member

I run the thing almost everyday so no I don't.

6. Milanmetal

Milanmetal Member

I was going to check that first today. I do have a gauge but it took a crap I little while ago. I will get another one.

7. Milanmetal

Milanmetal Member

It is the pump. Thanks for your help guys

8. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

Now you better check the whole system for crap that happens from a pump failure. Hi-end filter would be the first line of defense {Aeromotive-System One Etc.}

9. Milanmetal

Milanmetal Member

I have a filter 8" from the pump. It's clean. I think it just wore out over time. It still pumps fuel just not enough. I just hope I haven't been running lean the last couple events. It's only has to last two more events so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

10. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

If ll else fails and you just have to run it, I would suggest using a smaller main pill.

11. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Since you use the pump a lot it would be my recommendation to buy a Rage or Waterman pump. These pumps last forever so you will save money in the long run plus since they don't wear fast you are not chasing the fuel tuneup all the time