b and j or lenco ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by topalky511, Apr 21, 2005.

1. topalky511

topalky511 Member

hey guys
    im looking to put a new trans in my alcohol dragster, was looking at a cs2 lenco but then someone mentioned a triple sprag b and j what is everyones opinion on this , also which is the lighter out of the two, are they the same length or is one longer than the other, any help is much appreciated
    thanks
    aaron

2. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

i would try jeffco trans, he has them in some really fast cars and they seem to hang in there. much better quality than lenco.

3. SNAPPY

SNAPPY TAFC

We have run a B&J in a funnycar for 15 years. We have NEVER had it apart at the track other than a ratio change. We check it 1/2 way through the season and may put a bearing or so in it. Also checked it after a few runs with a bad case of tire shake from a messed up fuel combo.(bad experiment) Have even left in 2nd gear and not turned a sprag!!!!

I know what I would pick!!

4. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Look at the economics, to my knowledge there is only a couple of B&J trans in your country. Hundreds of Lenco's and lots of spares that can be bought or borrowed. Also, there is no such thing as better quality.

5. clint thompson

I'VE NEVER RUN ANYTHING BUT A LENCO (THE OLD STYLE) AND NEVER, EVER HAD ONE BREAK, WE KEEP AN EYE ON IT NOWDAYS (MORE POWER, MORE SHAKE) AND ALMOST NEVER PUT A PART IN IT. I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH B AND J BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT GARY FROM LENCO IS A SUPER GUY AND WILL ALWAYS HELP YOU OUT. CAN'T COMMENT ON THE WEIGHT OR LENGTH, BUT THE LENCO IS A VERY GOOD PART. JEFFCO????? ISN'T THAT A PRO STREET DEAL??

6. afueldigger

afueldigger tire wiper

I have run both lencos and B&Js between the two I like the B&J I currently have a two speed B&J in my Nostalgia A/FUEL car. To answer your question on size the B&J is shorter but it is also larger in diameter ( this is a problem in some FCs or Alts.) One other thing you can do is tune the harshness of the shift by jetting the Co2 to the shift piston.
    One week link in the B&J is the slide gear in the reverser it is tuff as nails in forward but it is quite weak in reverse and you must have the wheels completly stopped befor you even think about shifting the reverser. Now I know you have to do that with a Lenco as well but I can tell you from experiance you dont get a second chance with the B&J. One other differance is the pressure required to shift it a Lenco will use 150 psi or so , the B&J requires 400 psi Just my 2 cents
    Gary