ATTN All Top Alcohol teams

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Oct 22, 2007.

?

To what extent would you support such a series?

1. I would fully support it and attend 8 or more events, regardless of distance

20.0%
  2. I would attend 4 to 6 events depending on distance/timing

42.0%
  3. I would attend one or two events locally if they were convienient

18.0%
  4. I would only race NHRA, I have no time/interest for any other racing

6.0%
  5. I currently don't have a car, or am not racing, but I would field a car at four or more events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I do not have a TAD/TAFC, but would support a front engine outlaw class.

14.0%
  1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

An ADRL type series for the alcohol cars is coming a little closer to reality.

While all details and the series itself is a long way from being final, it's getting a hard look from some people that can make it happen.

In concept, the 3 top classes would be B/AD, A/FD, TAFC. All classes would be 8 car fields, 1/8th mile (even at 1/4 mile venues), 2 qualifiers, 10k to win.

The series would be 8 to 12 events, spread out across the country. Ideally, a points fund would pay each class $10k for the class championship. NHRA rules would be honored in all classes.

There's a potential for a fourth class at a lower payout for anything with the engine in front of the driver. Screw TAFC's would not be allowed, but roots TAFC's would. Fuel Altereds, Front Engine Dragsters, Pro Mods, etc would be allowed.

If you have a Top Alcohol car and would support this series, please vote in the poll and comment on here. If you do not have a car, please do not vote.

We need your feedback, ideas

2. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

Get it on ESPN 2 like the ADRL was last time this was presented and I'd make every one. I'm sorry Will but I stick to my original point that the value of the series isn't in the crowd attendance but in the series sponsors. If you generate enough to get a TV contract, the sponsors for the purses will come running IMHO. The tracks would be more excited to put into the program since they (and their sponsors) would be getting national exposure as well. And as I stated before get it to air during the winter since people are deprived of racing at that time of year.

Other than that, put me down for the races close to home.

Just an opinion

Flash

3. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Will why 1/8 mile? You telling me this can't fly as a 1/4 mile format? It's great to see these guys/gals get a chance to run for some Major $$$, but 1/8 just doesn't cut it for me.

4. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

maybe insurance wont cover the 1/4, thats my guess.

5. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

Probably trying to follow the ADRL. It's working with the promods.

6. whosyrdady

whosyrdady Super Comp

1/8th mile

probably alot less parts breakage running 1/8th mile making for a faster show and less clean up if something happens. Just puts more money in the racers pockets. same money less maintenance. just my opinion

7. bobbyblue359

bobbyblue359 New Member

1/8 Mile Would Do Just Fine. Nothing Happens After Hitting High Gear Except The Speed Rush. I Could Forgo That In Favor Of Not Wrecking Parts. We Could Go Back To Carrying The Fronts 350 Feet And Having Some Fun Again. I'm Biased... A Converter Car Can Go Red Anytime It Wants Compared To A Clutch Car. Now A Quick Light Will Get A Win Instead Of Getting Passed By The $$$$$ Cars. I'm Ready To Quit Nhra Anyway. It's Like Going To Church Looking For God: He Left Long Ago; Everyone's Just There For The Money. (read In Nhra). My Opinion May Stink More Than Yours, But I Fund The Whole Thing Out Of My Pocket Without Sponsors Help. Count Me In Big Time.

8. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

Darren, can I atleast expect you in the stands drinking a beer with the rest of us? The races woulndt be the same without you

9. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave New Member

ADRL would be great

From the feed back from the Promod car and bikes the ADRL does a great job.
    I think it would be a blast

10. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i do a lot of 1/8 mile match racing sounds good to me and you dont tear up as much stuff i dont think but i will run 1/4 mile too im ready now as a matter of fact i stay ready

11. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

More Info

Will,
    Rocky Mountain Raceways (Utah) has been considering some sort of Alky Event, and now is the time to look at something. If you could send me a pm with more information.
    Thanks
    Ralph Perea

12. JT Heslink

JT Heslink New Member

I'd have to get a 14-71, but it is doable for our fuel altered if the time/distance isn't too bad. Sounds like a lot of fun and somewhere else to race besides the OFAA.

13. bobbyblue359

bobbyblue359 New Member

Will, I know you'll keep us posted as soon as you know, but can you lie to us just a little to get us through Christmas with hope and a smile? Tell us it's really near and they'll be signing contracts any day now, so get you stuff ready to go.

14. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Maybe 2009?

To be honest, I've been working this deal real hard the past month, and to do it on the level we're looking at, I just don't feel we're prepared for next year at this point. I've got a ballpark what it would take and what it would make, but we're talking over a million dollars, so it just needs more research.

The past two weeks I've really had to shift my focus 100% to the PRI show for my business.

I hope to have some more dialogue with the potential investors over the next few weeks, but I don't have a comfort level yet of saying, ok, we spend this much money, and this is what we're going to get in return, and this is the best way to do it.