Arias hemi BBC head conversion

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by EXTREME B/FC, Jan 11, 2005.

1. EXTREME B/FC

EXTREME B/FC Jr. Dragster

Hello,

I am toying with the idea of buying a set of Arias hemi conversion heads and a 14-71 for my Rodeck 481-T BBC engine.
    My question is, What are the pros and cons of this head combination?
    I am currently running solid Dart 360 & Brodix Big Brodie heads with the OEM port spacing.
    This is a my hobby alcohol F/C 1992 Beretta 125" for bracket type match racing.
    I know they are in a sense old school from the early 1970’s.
    But what ells can you tell me about them?
    I think it’s a cool idea and it looks like they would make servicing the engine a easier.

Thank you.

Joseph P. Polnaszek
    CH3OH RACING
    612-990-5771
    ch30hracing@gmail.com

Remember if it don’t rattle your bones it’s not making enough power.

2. I hear they have alot of geometry problems with those arias heads!!! go take a look at sonny leonards hemi head conversions.

3. suthie

suthie Jr. Dragster

If my memory is correct, those things had a very complicated valvetrain as Gene said earlier. I remember the thing having an extra pushrod(little short thing)instead of a real long rocker on the exhaust side. I believe the drag boats had much better luck with them than the cars did(something to do with harmonics?), I think they pitched that little pushrod quite often in the cars.
    You might check the drag boat sites(I'm old and my memory is too)to make sure that I'm talking about the same thing you are.

4. TAF 316

TAF 316 Member

NOBODY that I know of is useing them anymore we got our brodex to flow better and make more power on our 481s but when all is said and done BAE.