Anyone see a difference in Hoosiers?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by M Tigges, Sep 17, 2004.

1. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

we noticed that the sidewall seemed different,from the c2000/c06 compared to the c2000/drag.

2. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

MARK , THEY WILL ALL SOON READ C2050 ONLY, SO NOT
    TO WORRY . SAVE YOUR BEST OR FAVORITES FOR NORWALK
    THOUGH ! YOU HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS THERE !

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

We changed to the newer stuff at Indy because they aren't making the old version any more. You might a well get a handle on them now, I suppose.

4. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Im sure by this time next year will figure it out. WE HATE WHEN THEY DO THIS STUFF! AHH! NEXT YEAR. wheres the fishing rods. LOL

5. BenchRacer

BenchRacer Super Comp

What is the differance between the C2000 and the C2050. Has anyone tried the C4000. How does the Goodyear compare??? I know the C2000 had a problem blistering on good tracks, but what will you give up for a tire that lasts longer.

6. Traveler

Traveler New Member

The difference between the C2000 and the C2050 is a slight change in the surface construction. The C2050 has a slightly stiffer tread layer. The C4000 was put into place after Joliet a few years ago for mainly the Dragster class. What they thought was a tire issue was determined to be a track surface issue. Not sure what it is but Joliet and Vegas are the two worse tracks for causing tires to blister.Even the Goodyears have problems at these two tracks.In fact it was Goodyear people that told the Hoosier people that it wasn't the tire and in fact it was something to do with the track.
    The C4000 is still mainly ran on Dragsters but can also be ran on FunnyCars and ProMod's. Freddy Hahn runs them and so does Rob Atchison in IHRA.
    Hope this helps.

7. adam

adam New Member

wich is the better to run with bead locks ,, c2050 or c4000 and same for tube and liner wat is every 1s thoughs,,,,have both sets of rims and need to make a choice,,,,
    adam

8. BenchRacer

BenchRacer Super Comp

Traveler, thanks for the info, funny how they blame the track saying it has to much traction. I wonder how the 4000 will compare to the 2050.

Adam, The only tires that seem to work with beadlocks are the M/Ts, the Hoosiers and I think the Goodyears are prone to tireshake if they are on beadlocks.

9. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

for what its worth i think tire shake is multitude of problem like tune ups, gear ratio, fuel systems track condition, we have run .950 sixty foots with no shake and some with, most racers will not spend the time it takes to work out the tune up because it cost lots of money and time and thay cant test on race day, but i think theres going to come a time when you will need to test beed locks, i think why some have good luck with M/T and some like hoosiers and goodyear are the difference in tune ups, thats my two cents

10. Traveler

Traveler New Member

Not real sure what to tell you about the tracks having too much bite Benchmark, but i do know that those are the two tracks that the tire companies always seem to whence when going to.

As far as which tire to run, if you have a Dragster run the C4000, Funnycar run the C2050. Oh, by the way, Hoosier is still testing this size tire so it may change again, never know. What good would a product be if it wasn't always tried to be improved upon?

11. adam

adam New Member

traveler, thanks for the info ,run the c4000 on liner rims or bead locks ??? or do u go with benchracer and say m/t and goodyears on beads !!
    we have just recived the c2050 here in oz and are testing them this weekend , but on a funny car ,, i have a dragster,,,,

12. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Hi Adam.
    Go with the Hoosier C4000 on the liner. Beadlocks have such a narrow performance window. You almost need a clutch management system for the beadlocks.
    We have been very happy with the Hoosier 4000's. We use Hoosiers tubeless liners, so the weight is comperable to a beadlock setup.
    Good luck,
    Marty