Any advice on setting up b&j clutch packs ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by John Robinson, Sep 25, 2016.

1. John Robinson

John Robinson Member

Where do you guys run your clutch packs & how do you set them up...ive read the website directions but is there another way?

2. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Nice thing about the B&J, you just shim with various steels until you get your .040-.060" air gap. Once you do it enough, you just start to remember the height of the pressure plate from the end plate and just make sure to use the same straight edge on both parts if using the depth side of calipers. This is key.. I would also make sure to rotate the gear assembly to check for high spots in the clutch pack as well.

I have seen a couple people with straight edges with built in dial indicators, that can help you go faster, especially when checking for high spots. High spots can play hell with a tune up.

3. Kramer Metal Fab Inc.

Yes on all that Justin said. Just buy a variety of floater thicknesses from B&J. Make sure you are not using warped floaters. MW bench mule to hold the trans and a digital depth gauge caliper with a wide base are tools that I would not be without for this job.

4. John Robinson

John Robinson Member

Thanks , that helps