another base tune thread

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by skynard, Jan 11, 2017.

1. skynard

skynard Member

I have a 540 1471 high helix bb3 heads 4-650 bore 13 to 1 brodix allum block with a 990 pump it was running a standard helix an had 54 in hat an 52 5o 54 in intake I was told that sounded fat also had a 95 pil I am looking to run a bird or buzzard hat what do you guys think just to get it close an safe to start tunning what hat to use any help would be great

2. td3829mk

td3829mk Member

What are you running this motor in? What kind of ignition? with 13:1 CR your tuning window is going to be very small

3. skynard

skynard Member

92 Camaro tube chassis I put on 60 th head gaskets should lower it some going to run msd 44 mag car weight 2400 4.88 gear glide 32 inch tires only have to run a 4,65 index

4. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Not sure what your spinning the blower at but I would back the compression down to 12:1 at the highest for dependability and tunability, lower yet if possible. Keep the timing back if the compression is still high. I am guessing you don't have a flow meter but they are life savers and allow you to figure an air/fuel ratio. Best wishes

TAFC 5 81 likes this.
  5. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

Run whichever hat looks better, it won't Ffect performance between those two choices. I run the same pump and similar nozzle and pill sizes with my hi-helix at 38 over. I only mention that to say that I would expect if I put a STD helix on mine with the same fuel setup it would be a turd. If you weren't dead rich, there may be something wrong with your system.

That said, you could figure out what overdrive on the new blower should move about the same amount of air as the old blower, fatten it up 5-10%, knock a couple degrees out of it, and have a pretty good shot at making the finish line in one piece.

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

7. skynard

skynard Member

thanks for replys just getting everything setup all new build

8. DQUES

DQUES Member

Send your fuel system to Salemi at Resolution Racing Services to be set up and flowed , you cannot afford not to . He knows what to do with BBC's and will set you straight on things like comp. ratio and save you many wasted trips to the track and wasted $$$ .