Announcement – Brandon “the Kid” Lewis

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by jhart, Apr 5, 2007.

1. jhart

jhart New Member

[​IMG]
    Third-year NHRA driver Brandon “The Kid” Lewis set to go A-fuel racing​

BROKEN ARROW, OKLA – April 5, 2007
    After a miserably muddy weekend at the NHRA O’Reilly Spring Nationals, it looked like Brandon “The Kid” Lewis left empty handed. Nothing could have been further from the truth.
    The third-year NHRA driver returned to Oklahoma with a new ride in tow – an A-fuel dragster.
    “We have been thinking of making the switch for a while,” Lewis said. “All of the variables finally came together so we went ahead and pulled the trigger.”
    Lewis plans to christen the vehicle at the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series South Central division race at Texas Motorplex, April 13-15. His first priority, though, will be to complete his licensing.
    “I have one pass I still need to make to get my license,” the 21-year-old said. “The plan is to get that taken care of on Thursday and be able to race.”
    Lewis said once his dragster licensing is complete, he will not be spending much time with the funny car. The team focus will be on the dragster and securing a primary sponsor.
    “The funny car is officially for sale,” he said. “I had the time of my life racing that car but this wasn’t a decision based on what’s fun. We thought about it financially, competitively, and from a team dynamics standpoint and A-fuel dragster is what’s in our future.”
    The dragster, which was purchased from Tom Conway, is the same car Steve Torrence drove to an NHRA World Championship in 2005.
    #################################
    Photos of Brandon “The Kid” Lewis, the new A-fuel car and Lewis Racing Team crew members are available by contacting Jimmy Hart.
    Media contact:
    Jimmy Hart
    Public Relations Director
    Brandon “The Kid” Lewis
    Mobile: 918-261-7887
    E-mail: jimmy@brandonthekid.com
    www.brandonthekid.com

2. racerx47

racerx47 New Member

Car looks sick,hope you land that sponsor.