...and then there was 2

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pat McGill, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Shields and Federlin are the only non-darkside cars remaining, do they have a chance against the over-hp'd AFD's?

2. maxkakl

maxkakl New Member

uhh... No

3. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Why not Pat. They are in the same class, and both seem to be funded pretty well.

You aren't beginning to think that there might be a parity issue in the class between the two combinations. I'm still on the fence on this one.

But I still believe that each combination has an equal chance to qualify number one, set low et, top mph, and win the race in any conditions.

I could be wrong on this, but until NHRA takes some action, everything must be equal right?

[ August 03, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Dan Lynch ]

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

dan-

puff puff give man..

5. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

I'm guessing that you don't agree Will?
    If that is the case, I'm going to have to say that your the one hogging the pipe.

6. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

It is only one race...... the blown cars have had the advantage for years..... let it be the nitro cars turn.

Maybe not, because until the classes name is changed from Top Alcohol to Top Nitro (fuel) Dragsters.

Isn't there already a class for the Nitro cars?

7. David Smith

David Smith Member

Anybody know what happened to Chris Demke car in the first round?

Looks like there were only 5 or 6 Blown Cars at this event and two of them had to race eachother in the first round.

Sad to hear about Mark Nivers misfortune during the third qualifying session. Main thing is he is ok.

8. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Glad Mark is okay.

Wasn't he one of the first to run with a PSI and then NHRA banned it.

And then said f'it and when fuel.

9. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

What continues to suprise me is that the blown cars spend $5-6,000 to show up and hope the A/Fuel cars stumble! I wonder if Speedzone(Dean) will remember our bet???

10. David Smith

David Smith Member

and then there was none .

Great Race between Darryl Hitchman and Steve Federlin though with Darryl taking the holeshot win 5.41 to 5.40.

Good to see Steve getting his new car figured out finally though.

Looks like Duane is still struggling to figure out the problems with his car. I know he would of probably lost this round but his car is still not running to its full potential.

11. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

We cracked a main cap on the last round of qualifying. We had to swap engines before the 1st round of eliminations. We got the engine swapped but didn't have enough time to warm it up, made it to the staging lanes as the 4th pair were doing their burnouts (we were 5th pair). In the chaos, no one thought to have a wrench handy to give the timing a final adjustment :( And we ended up losing to the 1st alternate :mad: The timing was probably 25-30 degrees retarded from normal DOH!! Jerry Maddern (owner/crew chief) wasn't present for the debacle as he had planned to fly home after the last round of qualifying for personal business. Oh well...
    On the bright side, the 5.40 we ran last rnd of qualifying was a team best!!

-chris