Altered Chassis

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by SCO1035, Apr 24, 2011.

1. SCO1035

SCO1035 New Member

Looking for recommendations for a new altered chassis to suit a blown bbc/glide combo.
    Motor makes around 1500 hp. Lots of good builders around, looking for who seems to get the best results and build quality cars. Need to run in the mid 6 range.
    So who builds the best blown altered chassis? Let's hear your thoughts.
    Thanks.

2. Kendrick Roberts

Chassis

As far as I know, we are the only ones running an altered in top dragster in div 2. It currently lives in the 6.60's. The person, whose name I don't know, that built this chassis is not in business anymore. The closest one that I have seen to ours is the one sold by S&W. It is a 4 link 140" wb car. Ours is 4 link 129". I haven't seen one on the track to compare performance numbers or driveability/tunability, but their dragsters work quite well and they have a good reputation.
    Most of the guys we race with in the outlaw stuff have hard-tail altereds, and they all tell us we should get rid of the 4 link, but we have been told we couldn't do what we are doing since the car was going low 8's. The pro stock and pro mod guys seem to prove that suspension is not as much of a limiting factor as common knowledge might lead one to believe.
    I like the 4 link as it offers more options for tuning on handling, hole-shot or tire shake problems than the un-suspended cars do. Especially if you are using a torque converter.

3. knew2

knew2 New Member

A friend of mine in TD Div. 1 runs a S & W 150" 4 link altered. Nice car but has struggled to date with tire shake/ wheel stand issues. I would recommend contacting Mike Boss or Mike Jr. The S&W altered was not purpose built for TD and unfortunately there lies the problem.

4. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

i have nothing but good things to say about our S&W chassis. it is a 140" w.b hard tail car, and i don't think you will see one go any straighter than ours. it will cert for TA/FC, and is set up for blown hemi/clutch. we have always ran a low budget deal and were always very soft on the tune-up and have ran a ton of 4.0's in the 1/8th mile with a best 60' of .950 and a 330' time of 2.55. the car definitely has more left in it, hopefully we will find out how much. i think they have the best car out there, and are excellent people to deal with. give Scott a call and tell him what you want to do....great guy.
    Darren Russell

5. BLOWN INCOME

LOOK AT : jd2chassis.com
    thats my altered in his web site.

6. Clayto

Clayto new

Clear your PM's mate. So I can send you one.
    GC

7. SCO1035

SCO1035 New Member

Thanks, done.
    Damien.

8. crashly

crashly Member

clayto,
    dont tell him too much..:p

see you at the winters?

ash

9. SCO1035

SCO1035 New Member

Not this year, unfortunately.

10. the jet

the jet New Member

altered chassia

Call Mike Bos of Chassis Craft. Him and his son's build an awesome altered. Several photos are on his web page. On of the best cars i had built.

John Anderika

11. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

Can't go wrong with a Mike Bos car.

12. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

I love the Hal Canode stuff.
    The guy knows how to build a great altered- (4 link or solid) and set up pretty much any one elses car. And his prices beat anyone I have ever heard of.
    http://www.canode.com

13. genevajames

genevajames New Member

I would go with Victory chassis. Ask for Ron @714.904.1340

14. JSAZ

JSAZ New Member

Seeing that your from Australia I think one of our west coast builders would be handier. Victory, Dave Uyehara, Bob Meyer, Davidson for a traditional chassis. Tom Yancer or Dennis Sarmento for a "sprung" chassis. Any of these builders would furish you with a top notch car.

15. QPM

QPM New Member

solid altered

I wouldn't thnk twice about Yancer for a solid car either. They know how to build a fast solid car. There is a shop TAFC and they built the 2010 DIV1 TAD championship car. Both are very nice pieces. They build a light but lasting car, if you need that.

16. genevajames

genevajames New Member

I would still go with Victory...considering their latest TA/FC ran 5.44! and was awarded the Best Engineered Award at the Gators.

17. Peacemaker AFC

Peacemaker AFC New Member

altered

Couldn't hurt by chiming in but you need to give Rob Edwards a call. He owned ET race cars in phoenix AZ but now lives near bowling green KY. Very good chassis builder and fast and reasonable. Send me a pm and I will give you his number.

18. bandit496

bandit496 Member

From the ground up, I would give Dan at Advanced Chassis in Antwerp, Ohio a call. They do impressive work and have their share of winners in different motorsports circles. They are drag racers themselves. Number is 419-258-2100. JW

19. Peacemaker AFC

Peacemaker AFC New Member

Give Rob Edwards a call. He lives near Bowling Green KY and he owned ET RaceCars of Phoenix AZ. He built and ran the old Western Beef Pro mod camaro in the 80's and has been building chassis ever since. Very knowledgeable and very reasonable. He can build you a fab 9" housing also. His number is 270 282 5422