Altered chassis wing strut mount...new NHRA rule?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 32 bantam, Dec 31, 2013.

1. 32 bantam

32 bantam Member

I'm confused by the new rule out on wing strut mounts to the roll cage. Does it really mean no wing struts over 6" tall? Any clarification??? I need drawings...LOL
    Thanks

2. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

Steve,
    if you find out anything on this please let me know.
    thanks,
    Darren

3. surfers121

surfers121 New Member

As of 1-2-14

As of this time what people are running now will be LEGAL throughout the 2014 season, The rule which was brought to you by the regular NHRA chassie commitie(which has no interest in the cars we run) was not to go into effect until 2015 but was published by mistake. The section will be changed,give it a couple of days.

In the meantime , that gives us a year to get this out completely which I feel we can as long as the racers do their part----Dont crash and wind up with a peice of strut thru your head--- Thats not too much to ask for is it.

4. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Sounds like an excellent plan. I hope to do my part....... :D :D :D

BTW, Darrren, when the heck are you going to come run with us??? Great bunch of guys and gals in 7.00...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  5. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

Ronny...
    I know there are a lot of great people that run with you guys. I might be persuaded ....with a little of that apple pie....and a song or 2 ;)
    Darren

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  6. LeWhite

LeWhite BB/Alt

Maybe they want 6"tabs in the cage and 6"tabs under the wing. Or maybe plates bigger than any 'holes' in the cage?