Ahten Qualified #1 @ Seattle in 2013

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by jeffj, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jeffj

jeffj Member

Couldn't post on the news release....sorry, so..

Well, not to start a problem,
    BUT... Ray Martin qualified #1 at the Seattle national event in 2013 with a 5.263 @ 268.81. Johnny Ahten qualified #2 @ 5.274 @ 264.60. This followed Ray's #1 Qualifying 5.341 @ 269.94 @ the Norwalk National event; BACK to BACK #1 Qualifying National Events for the alcohol dragsters.....I only mention this as I happened to be there at both events.
    If this is in reference to the Regional event at Seattle, Chris Demke qualified #1 @ 5.322 @ 267.64, Shawn Cowie #2 @ 5.332 @ 268.33, Johnny Ahten #3 @ 5.333 @ 259.81 and Ray Martin #4 @ 5.344 @ 268.06............just sayin.
    Jeff Johnsen

2. John Rogers

John Rogers New Member

Hey Jeff,

No problem at all...in fact I'm glad you pointed this out. I first want to apologize to you, Ray Martin and the team. I made a error in the press release. Johnny Ahten told me about it in an email, and I failed to change it from #1 to #2. before it went out. I messed up.

3. jeffj

jeffj Member

Absolutely no problem at all, Johnny ran great and deserves the results that they have been achieving. I just thought that it was kind of neat that we were lucky enough to have run well at back to back events and felt the need to celebrate what our team achieved when the info was posted. Again, great performances by all of the teams which I mentioned.
    Jeff Johnsen

4. The Zone

The Zone Member

Johnny was not only #1 this weekend but he ripped off a 5.154 in the final round.....wow.....looks like that extra percentage did something....

dean

5. John Rogers

John Rogers New Member

Thanks Jeff...this is going to be an interesting year if this weekend was any indication.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

I wouldn't be surprised if NHRA took the percentage right back after the past two races. Cars that weren't even players in previous years are running right with arguably the best blown car in the country; and at the second race a tenth and change quicker. It's great for team morale but unrealistic in terms of what's deserved.

Steve Lapenstark

7. bmoore

bmoore Member

Yaa, didn't see that coming…

If they don't do something now you gotta wonder…

Bill Moore

8. pennance

pennance Member

Oh! I can see the harmony in the feedlot is going fast! The world is fine when the blown cars have a tenth advantage on the injected cars, but its a travesty when the roles are reversed. Been watching that whine for almost 20 years.

Please reserve judgment on the rule change till its over 85 degrees outside. That's when parody is achieved and my thinking is most races are run over 85 degrees...aren't they?

Dave

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014