Afd -----------> 95% ???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Les Mellows, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Time for a coooool change ?? how about not dickin around 1% at a time . Give
    them 95% there all smart guys they'll get it . AFD run in the cool they run in the heat , 99,98,97 % they just run a bit too fast for the blown cars still .
    Maybe Just a 108" tire @ 6.5 lbs with a gear rule would make the guys happier ??
    Gonna get noisey in here soon !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  2. eli

eli Banned

Not that it`s any of myconcern,, but I would give them 100 % and take away 1 mag. no more haveing to check the %.

3. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Not from me it's not...

KB

4. Barry Ferriolo

in this corner les mellows and in this corner bruce mullins......LLLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!!!

5. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

To run A fuel you dont need transmissions blower belts a blower or wreck valve springs and valve train parts etc.. OR SPIN THE MOTOR TO 10,000, we have had the idea of going a fuel soon because it seems like the way to go, after all its a new science project!

I have a question what is the large maintenance costs of A FUEL?

p.s LES ALL wedge motors should have to run a 12 71 LOL

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  6. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

95% or Ban the a/fuel dragster combo, I don't think 95% would slow them down.

LET ME GO GET MY FIRE SUIT ON. I think the flames are gonna get hot.

7. Barry Ferriolo

mark, one of the bigger costs seems to be a short guy with a cigar in his hand.$3500.00 per race. and by the way- if you want to retain his services - like at the deli counter...take a number.

8. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Well for what some off those guys know sounds cheap to me, we have built our own cars and learned all on our own to run good with blown alcohol and we would not sell what we no cheap ethier! but i certainly agree that for people like us its expensive!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  9. Barry Ferriolo

mark, i didn't mean to imply it wasn't worth the money- knowledge is expensive, although if i remember correctly, i gave up my porkroll information to you for free.there is one other thing about the knowledge guys and money-they tend to tune a car differently than you and pop might- cause it's much different when it's OPM !

10. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

I remember Gary Rettell at norwalk 98 , man we were 2 trailers away that thing went bang and we all ran for cover. it was like a weird high pitched blast. I will never forget it!!

11. Barry Ferriolo

les....your turn.

12. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Nitro***Nitro***Nitro

Funny how the mear mention of the stuff brings out the best in people.
    It has already started and we havn't even seen 80 degrees or 3000 feet of corrected altitude yet. Why don't you blown guys just wait until we get to the summer to make judgments. I don't think you understand that without the big pump on the top of the motor your options are very limited as the altitude and temp goes up. There are plenty of a-fuel cars out there that could get it done on 100 % but can't seem to make the show on 98 in the heat! Probabley like me they are spending their own money and have limited budgets for testing. Not their fault but all this changing even by one percent incriments does make a difference in the tuneups. Give it a break! It is your choice which way to go. As for the question of what is the biggest expense in a-fuel it is the fuel which by the way keeps going higher and higher due to NHRA's monoply. Funny thing that as soon as NHRA signed on VP the price of nitro increased by about 50 percent. Where do you thing the cost increase came from???? Three guesses and the first two don't count.

13. Barry Ferriolo

EXXON ? they only made like 15 billion last year.

14. John Haley

Yea, thats the story con men use too. Just wait, it may look like i'm going to rip you off, lets get the deal done and then you will see i'm being fair with you, you just don't understand the whole story. Next thing you know you got the shaft.

15. ITS IN MY BLOOD

NO WONDER NHRA TOOK THE "PRO" OUT OF PRO SPORTSMAN
    no professionalism HERE !!!!!!!!
    just sportsman....but where is the sportsmanship
    NAG NAG NAG NAG

16. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

????????????????

I just got a call from a buddy who said the guy who started this shit thread runs a funny car! is this true? I have never heard of him....can anyone confirm?

If it's true why does he even care about BAD or AFD?

KB

17. John Haley

How about you tell us what sportsmanship is, please.

If it requires me admitting that a/fuelers running 5.20's and blown cars running 5.30's is a fair race. Well thats not gonna happen.

What i don't see as good sportsmanship is the a/fuel guys not willing to admit they have the upper hand again.

18. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Because not all of us have the upper hand John!

KB

19. John Haley

So when all the a/fuel cars are running faster than all the blown cars, thats when a rule change would be fair in your eyes ?

Not to get insulting here with you kevin, but are you a liberal by chance. A lot of your statements seem to be the same type of tactics.

20. ITS IN MY BLOOD

if every track was the same altitude and the same air and the same track surface and temp....people would really see how close the two cars actually are and if they where not..sure make the adjustment.
    but how fun would that be to run the same track everyweekend
    sounds like nascar....round and round and round.
    look at the record holding a/fuel car...it cant even run a .30 let alone a .40
    on 97%.....the gators are also missing about 5 to 10 bad that can run the numbers...
    you want to play fast...buy a tuner.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    i love drag racing....figure it out.