a/fuel combo...

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by a/fd slngsht, Jul 24, 2005.

1. a/fd slngsht

a/fd slngsht Member

i'm in the process of building a 500 " tfx a/fuel motor to match race in my front engine dragster and i need some help with a few things.....
    has any one ever ran bae fuel heads on an injected motor with any luck???
    how about compression, cam, rod length, fuel consumption????i'm gonna run a two speed b&j with a three disc crowerglide and perhaps a 3.55 rear gear to cut down on clutch wear and fuel consumption... i'm only lookin to run in the 6.50 range which i don't think is a problem with a motor this size....... thanx to all Mike

2. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I have had some experience with our a-fuel car with the large chamber fuel type heads. We used this combo. when just getting started. Ran a small
    motor (400 cid) and had no problem running the times you are looking for. Of course we did not run a transmission. Used only a reverser and four disc. clutch. I have an intake manifold that worked great. There are some advantages and disadvantages with the big chamber heads. The advantages are they are stronger and cheaper.
    Would be glad to share experence with you.
    Bob Holley
    979-230-0582