a-fuel.com is alive!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Wendland, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Wendland

Wendland Guest

To answer the wishes of the blown racers, I would like to offically announce the arrivel of A/Fuel cars own website.....

a-fuel.com

Please give it a visit..... :D :D :D

2. allan

allan Super Comp

Hay Rob is the site down or just being cautious ittaking along time to get on???????

3. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Any reason why it is members only?

4. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

What wishes??

I would check it out, but I'm not joining...

5. 007

007 Jr. Dragster

why is it members only...perhaps you can enlighten us Rob...do you only want a/fuel team members only....

6. 007

007 Jr. Dragster

why is it members only...perhaps you can enlighten us Rob...do you only want a/fuel team members only....

7. Tad117

Tad117 Member

It must be a web site for only special people. I tried to join and was declined.

8. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Read what the website is set up for:
    Dan, with your remarks would anyone really want you on their website?

Team owners
    Drivers
    Team members
    Of a/fuel dragsters.......

You may contact me at rob@a-fuel.com

9. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Rob,

With your remarks, would any BAD guy really want to be within 100 feet of you?

Pat

10. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

I'm confused, you post that you would like us to visit your site, but, we have to be a member to enter! If it is not open to everyone, you shouldn't invite everyone.

Also, I think what "wishes of the blown racers" is intellectual honesty and an even playing field, not name-calling and a web site that distinctly bars them from communicating with fellow racers who run A/F'ers.

Like I stated before, your actions are being very divisive when unity is what is needed.

11. Wendland

Wendland Guest

dan

"what wishes"
    Quote from flash

if all you are going to do is get on this web site to promote your own agenda,divide tad/afd,promote your own website,and display the names of people who see it your way,then I would just rather not read your propaganda,go away!!!

dan does this answer your question?

12. Max Power

Max Power New Member

But its OK, for you to do that here ?

13. andy wilfong

andy wilfong Active Member

hey Rob, I have been in the drag racing industry for 24 yrs, worked on both dragsters and funny cars in the alc classes, but I try to get on your web site that you openly invited people to go to and find out that if I'm not a owner, driver or crew member of an a/fuel car that I cant get on, what are you afraid of? respected opinion of other people? good luck in your endevour, but in my opinion being so closed minded will not get you far in the real world Andy Wilfong

14. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

I'm a little disapointed too, I guess you really don't need us BAD guys and girls. BTW our site is open to anyone. Kim

15. K.Brown

K.Brown New Member

I think that AFRO is just set up for members only right now...just like TARA has a members only section...There are 3 other fine message boards currently hosting the world famous "TAD pissing contest" and they are in full swing....

"Hate us or Love us....either way....Our views will be respected!"

Solid......
    Peace through Nitro chemistry!
    Kevin :cool:

16. David Smith

David Smith Member

Kim please tell Marty and the team goodluck for me this weekend. I was hoping to get to Columbus on Sunday but I gotta get caught up on things here at home as these rainouts/rescedule dates have really put me behind the eightball. See you next weekend in Chicago though.

David

17. David Christy

David Christy New Member

Rob, I personally hope you & a-fuel.com FAIL! But maybe with any luck nhra will kill a-fuel all together. Just because of your attitude. YOUR taping of your & Norm Drazy's phone call was really the lowest you could get! I hope you get just what the good Lord thinks you deserve.

David Christy
    TAD409

18. TheBlondeCrewChief

TheBlondeCrewChief Almost A/F

Well, Rob, it seems you've mananged, once again, to lower David's opinion of you (and yes, I do realize you couldn't possibly care less about his opinion of you, nor, as you have confirmed, his opinion on matters concerning A/F or the alcohol class... even though your propangda has stated that as being the purpose of forming A/FRO).

Although you weren't aware of it, he, and I as well, were willing to set aside personal disapproval of you, due to your past actions, give you the benefit of the doubt, and work with you in hopes that you could, in fact, pull the A/F racers together into a cohesive group that could reasonalbly and rationally voice an opinion representative of a majority of the people who have an investment in running an A/F operation.

Even, if it WAS just A/F racers, exclusive of blown racers, at least it might have been possible to present an A/F consensous.

But, after shelling out a considerable chunk of change on an A/F chassis, long block, & various other miscellaneous & somewhat expensive A/F components, I sit here holding a parts list... jotted down by one of A/F's premier tuners (not you, by the way)... and I'm thinking I'll just wad it up and throw it in the trash, and post some ads to sell the A/F stuff taking up space in my shop.

You've allegedly got some fairly impressive A/F names on YOUR (and, let's make NO mistake here... it is YOUR) membership list... as it is YOUR money that made it... and I suppose that gives you the right to establish whatever policies, mission statements, and administrative procedures YOU want. I've met some of the people on that list, but I've actually never heard them express the attitude toward other racers that you exhibit. And, I have to wonder, are they getting a vote, or even being asked, about the petty and unprofessional manner you are handling the organization's public image?

But I do know that the road YOU are on isn't going where I want to be. I don't want to be one suspected of sharing your disrespect for other racers and investors in the alcohol class. Self-righteous disregard for the needs of others is not my measure of success.

I therefore, must withdraw my offer to help, which you declined anyway.

19. Wendland

Wendland Guest

David and Debi.

Orignally posted by Debi:
    But...

"Do you know the difference between a "lobbyist" and a "representative"?

The difference in the influence the two different entities have depends primarily on money/deals made behind closed doors and the wishes of the majority of those affected.

A house divided cannot stand.

I guess I'm just at a loss to understand WHY... if you REALLY wanted to be represented (as opposed to having an avenue to get only your way)... WHY you couldn't support an organization that BEGGED you for your opinion and input.

As for the cost of running an organization of this type.... I'm sorry to inform you... you are clueless.... Good Luck.... I hope you can find enough volunteers who are willing to shell out money for postage and and all the other administrative expenses involved in running an organization EFFECTIVELY and EFFICIENTLY. (or is Gunderson footing the bill for all this? - hello Mike! )

I belive I'll stay with TARA as my primary hope of input & influence... but in all fairness, I WILL also be glad to join your organization in hope that you can find a miracle cure with a miracle price tag. :"

I am confused of what your intensions with A/Fro are. If you can enlighten me on this please do. I have always liked you guys and your will to race. If you have an afuel car in the works, we would love to hear from you. I'm sorry for any misunderstandings and hope that we can resolve this..

Rob

20. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

How quickly your tune changed Rob!!!