(9 & 1/2" 40 spline gear) I need it in a 4:29?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by alloutracing, May 1, 2007.

1. alloutracing

alloutracing Top Alcohol

Hey Guys!:) I'm back again needing help on my 9 & 1/2" Top loader.
    I opened her up and took out the 2:91 gear and pinion in good shape from a A-Fuel car and now need a 4:29 or 4:10 with 40 spline pinion or anything but a 3:20 or 2:91!
    I was told tonight that is the only two gear combo's that come in a 40 spline 9 & 1/2" gear? I love the size of the 40 spline it looks bullit proof and twice the size of a 35 spline pinion. I have a few 35 spline gears but I guess the only way to get a 4 something gear is to buy a new pinion support and run the smaller 35 spline gear uh?
    (1.)Anybody out there have a 35 spline pinion support for a Top Loader?
    (2.)Is there a bearing conversion for a smaller 35 spline pinions in my support?
    (3.)Where can I get a 40 spline pinion & gear in the 4 something range?
    (4.)Anybody need a Great Deal on a Low run, Mag test 40 spline 2:91 ratio 9 & 1/2" Gear Set?
    Thanks for any help it's all appreciated and needed!
    Andrew

2. alloutracing

alloutracing Top Alcohol

Hey, I got my answers and thought you guys might all want to know the same things I've learn.
    (1.)Anybody out there have a 35 spline pinion support for a Top Loader?
    Answer: You can use the pinion you have and just change the rear pinion bearing and front seal. I paid $34.00 for both at my local bearing company that had it in stock on the self. The front pinion bearing is the same for the 40 spline and the 35 spline pinions.
    (2.)Is there a bearing conversion for a smaller 35 spline pinions in my support?
    Answer: Yes, Thanks to Kevin at Chrisman Rearends He line me out and didn't try to sell me $400.00 of stuff I already had that could work for me just fine instead of a bearing upgrade,unlike another company no name given "kind of Strange don't you thing" Hint, Hint, that try hard to get in deep into my pockets until I ran on to a great company that is looking out for our best interest and not just there own bottom line (Chrisman Rearend)!!!!!!Good Guys Call them!!!!!:)
    (3.)Where can I get a 40 spline pinion & gear in the 4 something range?
    Answer: You can't in a 40 spline but you can run the 35 spline 9 1/2" large bearing pinions that come in all kind of ranges of gear ratios, I already had one that is going to work for me ,come to find out.
    (4.)Anybody need a Great Deal on a Low run, Mag test 40 spline 2:91 ratio 9 & 1/2" Gear Set?
    Answer: Sold! Thanks Larry check you Pm's.
    Good Luck Racing, Andrew!:)