5.97 Bump in FC at Norwalk

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kingnitro, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

I thought that was really impressive!!! They even had a 5.98 for 17!

2. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Roots is not all that bad

3. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

Congrats to Jim Sickles for some impressive 5.7's with a roots and the big win at Norwalk - he only runs a 1/10 quicker with his PSI. The track and weather conditions must have been very good. There were some very good races in the Alky FC class at Norwalk so it was a good day for Alky FC fans.

4. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

One thing I notice at the IHRA race in Martin, MI. I couldn't figure out why all the alky teams felt the need to take the clutch out after every pass. Earlier this year we made six straight runs in the mid 5.70s without taking the clutch out. I told some teams this and I don't think they believed me. Well after reading the Jim Sickles post race wrap up, maybe they will believe me now.
    Jim Sickles

5. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

Is it more of a "I better be safe than sorry" approach to running a national event? I know when running a match race, the teams don't take apart the clutch after every run so I have always assumed that the increased engine/driveline stress of running a national event tune-up caused the teams to look at everything alot closer. It's great when you are hitting the tune-up "just right", isn't it?