5.15!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

WOW. In Vegas no less.......

2. underby6

underby6 Active Member

I hope a whole bunch of the A-Fuelers run teens to be honest...hell I'd like to see an .0x :)

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323

3. IvanS

IvanS New Member

it was one hell of a run... but such a shame (and odd coming from a European perspective) that the stands were largely empty when it happened. The final session of TAFC was pretty good too!

4. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Wow, indeed! Didn't think AFDs even bothered to go to Vegas anymore with the advantage the BADs have there?

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Quickest and Fastest on 94%

I could be wrong but I think the run Monroe Guest made drving my friend Todd Odems a-fuel car in vegas is the best ever made on 94%. Good job Todd now you guys go ahead and win both Vegas and Pomona. Not bad for Todds first full year with an a-fuel car!!!

6. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Empthy stands

I was at Pomona when Mitch Meyers ran his record setting 5.10. It was a thing of beauty. The sun had just gone down over the Pacific and it looked like a great top fuel run with flames as high as the wing. and straight as an arrow. They just finished a fuel funny car session and never even mentined the next top alcoholdragster session over the pa so all the fans thought that was the end of the show and cleared out. I also was privilaged to see the 5.10 / 285 run by Rickert at Houston. Same senario, run after the fuel classes
    with very few in the stands. Shame/Shame/Shame. Now the same situataion at !

7. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

The A-fuel cars are so awesome to watch too. They remind me of watching super comp.

Awesome.

8. The Zone

The Zone Member

Who is tuning Guest,
    Odom or Conway Reichert?

9. dave hirata

dave hirata Member

WOW.........HE slowed down to a .16 first round. nice series of runs. WOW AGAIN.

10. $candal

$candal New Member

Whoever is turning the knobs, that was simply awesome. Next year should be interesting. Maybe 92% after that display of power! What do you think WILL?

TOM HAMILL

11. Will Hanna

Staff Member

negativity

TOM,

Why can't you just let them have the moment without starting this parity debate again? Look who won the race, it wasn't an A/Fueler was it? Just goes to show you that a blown car has a chance after all.

Hats off to the Odom team, the Reichert set up on the car, and I forget the name of their Crew Chief, but he's done a fine job calling the shots and getting a car to run 5.teens at 280 in Vegas of all places. It wasn't that long ago many in the A/Fuel community said you couldn't run 5.30's in Vegas at 94%, much less teens or .20's.

The 'rook' driver Monroe Guest did a fine job on the tree today as well. Word on the street is Guest will drive the car again next year.

If it was me, I'd rather see them cut the blown cars loose with a C blower and lock up clutch, but we all know they're not going to speed anyone up.

I think the change that is already in place, 50 degrees in the lanes will level the field again.

I've said this before and everyone bitched at me, but EVERYONE in the class, blown and A/F needs to keep an eye on this spec fuel motor deal. If they do that and go back to 1320 with fuel cars at no more than 300mph, you can bet your ass they're not going to let TAD be anywhere close. They'll whack both classes back to the 250 mph on a good run zone. That would probably mean something close to Aussie rules on the dragsters - 1.83 overdrive, and A/Fuelers around 88-90% ambient temp. It won't even be much of an after thought, because there will be no way in hell TAD speeds can be within 15-20 mph. That ball will roll down hill to the TAFC class which will get whacked as well.

12. mguest

mguest New Member

Todd Odom owns the car. Scot Johnson and Todd Odom co-tune the car with Scot's combination. Scot has spent countless hours researching and designing a combination that will work. We knew a % hit was coming so we started working toward that direction. There has been so much time and money spent on this it's scary but it's working. Don't be surprised if you see a .0 something in Pomona. Scot has worked very hard perfecting all the parts to make this happen. I hope to drive 12-16 races next year and chase a championship but as always, it depends on how we are doing and funding. We started developing parts for hotter fuel and less nitro and I think we hit on something. We'll see.

Monroe Guest

13. $candal

$candal New Member

great job. awesome to say the least.

14. Will Hanna

Staff Member

oh's

I can guarantee at least one 'oh' in Pomona. Whoever has to run you first round will say "Oh $#!t":eek::eek::D

15. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I was blaming that pass and the 16 he ran after it for the return to Standard time this weekend. That was insane.

16. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Does NHRA allow 96% in Vegas since it's altitude?

17. mguest

mguest New Member

% Nitro

No. We run 93% to be safe.

18. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Who needs top fuel?

5.10's, in injected nitro....yeah baby!

Who needs top fuel, soon they will be running 4's!

Trevor Sherwood
    TAFC-considering switching to Injected nitro dragster!

19. 84champ

84champ New Member

Scot Johnson is tuning Monroe Guest

20. Kennon

Kennon New Member

Congrats

Way to go Monroe and Scott.
    I like it! -- Kayla and I will see you next year.
    Go Tigerflow!