!4-71 help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Lurch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Lurch

Lurch New Member

We've run a 10-71 hhretro on our 526 KB Olds for 2 yrs. It's in an Altered w/a glide. It only makes about 22 psi & to run 4.13 we run 50% over & 20% nitro. I bought a 14-71 on here & we tore it down & the rotors were no good (wouldn't hold strips & was peened to hold them). Here's my questions before I buy $ 2k worth of rotors.

1. It has the delta opening & then the retro bearing plate & the case is not cut out at the front. Should I cut the case or put a plate under it or a std bearing plate ?

2. If I run just the delta opening I can get by with my 6' offset & my msd 44 mag, what boost should that make?

3. Does some one make a 8' offset for a Chevy & would it be worth it to cut the case & move the blower back?

4. What's the max compression on alky with this combo (Big Chiefs on it)? We also have a car on 85 % so it would be nice to not work on this one so much.

Sorry for the long post & thanks for the help, Dale

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Dale, there was a guy on here that had a real nice 14-71 hhr for 2,500 he emailed me some pics and it looked very nice also there is another one that a guy wants to sell he owns a machine shop so if he reads this post he might pm you..Dave

3. Lurch

Lurch New Member

14-71 help

That's the deal Dave, I still need to know if some one makes an 8" offset for a cheby & if for my deal I really need a true retro ? I'd just as soon put the $ in mine & have a nice case & new rotors. Dave, call me at the shop.

4. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

As far as an offset mag drive, you could put a front drive on it, many people sell them including Archers for around $400 new.

As far as compression, sounds like around 11:1 is usually the answer from the majority.

When we ran a LF HH 14 @ 45% over on Dart 360's we would make mid 30's to 40 psi.

5. secondwindracing

hey Dale call this number it is mike dunn he builds some cool mag drives
    417-967-0528
    I will try to call you been shovelin LEAVES all day to day (sucks) tomorrow I have to do some tig welding in the morning i will call u after lunch..Chrome

6. secondwindracing

Hey Dale look at Todd Bultman's blower I've seen this blower very nice...$2,500 and it is ready to run..

7. Todd Bultman

Todd Bultman New Member

Lurch

E-mail me and I can forward you some photos of the blower I have for sale.

Todd
    todd@trbmachine.com
    616-875-7673