23T Help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by alkydrager, Feb 27, 2011.

1. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

Hello,
    I'm ready to mount our 23t body, but i have a few problems. It is a clutch car so i have to get to the can every pass. I would like to make the body tilt if possible or just easy to raise. I don't know if it sould be totaly enclosed along the sides and wheel wells. If any of you guys have any pics of the inside of your cars or any good web sites for ideas please let me know.

Thanks Jody
    leasockexcavating@yahoo.com

2. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

3. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

4. nitrorelapse

nitrorelapse Member

The body of our 23 T is two pieces. The trunk is stationary. On the main part of the body there is a 5/8" rod glassed into the very back area in the driver shoulder hoop area. There are two tabs welded on the rear of the cage, the rod rotates in these tabs. The body pivots on this hinge when raised. We have a short body pole we put under the front of the body to hold it up when we are servicing the clutch. When the body sets down it rest on a small tree glassed into the front of the body right behind the fire wall. The front tree takes all the front weight, the firewall is just for looks. Hope this helps. Terry 972-977-8340

5. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

the body on our car is 1 piece and we made it to tilt like a F/C. we used the F/C body hinge from S&W and it works great.http://www.swracecars.com/Files/CATpg75.pdf
    all you have to do is mount those to the rear of the chassis, and glass 2 tubes in the turtledeck and you have a hinge. for the front, ours is very similar to the pics from Ken Lowe. instead of mounting the cowl to the panel which fastens to the motorplate, we just used 2 dzus tabs on the bottom frame rail of the chassis. you just take out 1 on each side, and raise the body like a F/C. i would be happy to take some pics if you need.....it is a very simple and efficient way to do it.
    if i can help please let me know.
    Darren 937-776-7542

6. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

Thank you
    Jody