2006 Racing Season Photo Recap

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by David Smith, Dec 21, 2006.

1. David Smith

David Smith Member

I have been getting some emails lately on how to find some of the pictures I took earlier in the year and also some questions about my photos so hopefully with this post I can kill two birds with one stone :D .

Gainesville AC Delco Gator Nationals
    O Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals, Baytown Texas
    Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals Atlanta Dragway
    O Reilly Summer Nationals Heartland Park Topeka
    Carquest Auto Parts Nationals Joliet
    K&N Filters SuperNationals Englishtown NJ
    Mac Tools US Nationals
    Toyo Tires Nationals Reading Pa.
    OReilly Fall Nationals Ennis Texas
    TORCO Racing Fuels Nationals Virginia
    NHRA Pomona Auto Club Finals Pomona
    Funny Car Reunion
    Division Point Races, Englishtown, Lebanon Valley, Cecil County, ATCO, and Joliet
    Driver Galleries

To answer some of the questions I have been recieving. Ford till today has not done anything about my Ford Focus that burnt to the ground earlier this year. photos

As for how many miles I traveled this year over 27,600 miles . I took over 54.000 photos. Over 40,000 made it on to my website. It took over 330 hours to sort and upload the photos and according to my pedrometer I walked over 200 miles in steps.

Again I would like to thank everyone who visits my website and share there comments with me. I enjoy taking the pictures and sharing with everyone. For 2007 I hope to bring many photos to you all again and also I think Santa is bringing me a SLR camera for xmas.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas an a safe and Happy Holiday Season. Hopefully in early 2007 I will get the driver galleries updated but for now my spare time has been directed to helping my dad get my grandparents house cleaned up this way we can sell it. Trying to get it all done before my race season starts.

David Smith
    www.davesdragpics.smugmug.com

2. D. Palmer

D. Palmer TA/FC

You are an amazing man Mr. Smith! Thanks again for all you do for the sport, especially the alky classes. It's wonderful to see somebody who is truly passionate about what they do these days, and even better that your dedication to what you enjoy benefits us all, it is greatly appreciated ! Have a wonderful off season, and we'll see you at Gainesville in March. Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to you my friend!

3. Scotty Mac

Scotty Mac TAFC

Thank You David Smith

I hope I'm not too bold by saying that the drag racing community thanks you for doing what you do. Your pictures are wonderful and your dedication to the sport and the alcohol class is very much appreciated by all. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Like Doug said, see you in Gainesville.

4. 182 TAD

182 TAD New Member

Happy Hollidays David !!!!

Thanks for being such a nice Guys , see you at the first D-1 race in 2007!!!

Serge TAD-11

5. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Dave, thanks for the use of your photo's! You are an amazing photographer! If you ever need anything printed just call me!
    Jeff Isbell

6. Barry Ferriolo

Dave - How about sharing with us - a photo of your boss's face just after you told him you're taking off to go to ANOTHER race !!!!

7. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Thanks dave!

David............NOBODY.does more for the sport than you do! The effort you put forth is unmatched with the exception of the pleasure it brings everyone. Racing in D1 has been a very satisfying experience ( even from the bottom). Everyone is always there to give the needed support and help keep us in the game wherever we seem to be racing. Like most racers, we are too busy to even think about photographs at the track. What a gift you have provided for all the teams and fans. As we are slow at the office, I find myself running the photo slide show on the computer and enjoying the pictures of everyone we race with. From me and the FNG's...........THANK YOU! and too all our friends in this sport........You guys make it all worth while. Happy Holidays>>>>>>Brownman:D

8. KathyL

KathyL Super Comp

Thanks David! Nice work as usual....how you do what you do, time traveled, time spent sorting and organizing...and don't think there is anything you miss taking photos of....It is very much appreciated! Come on 2007!!!! Ha!Ha! :D

9. michael hall

michael hall New Member

david

Your pics make us all feel like the season never ended. With just a click, we can all see the year that seemed to fly by fast. Thank you so much for all the great pics. Forget all the racers that need a sponsor, you need it to cover all the expenses. Gee, maybe Ford would throw a few bucks at you??

10. David Smith

David Smith Member

You should of saw his face when I asked him to get time off to drive to Pomona. lol

Thanks Everyone for the Compliments they are greatly appreciated. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Year. The new camera is awesome so I am looking foward to the start of race season. I plan to hit all the races I went to in 2006 only one I am not 100% sure of though is Pomona that will depend if were busy or slow at work.