2 step wiring thru racepack

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jay70cuda, Jun 4, 2012.

1. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me how to wire the racepack to the retard box so you can read it on the computer when the switch properly turns off . I want get rid of the pick up off the coil so I can read it correctly. You can pm me if it's some secret you don't want getting out. Thanks guys.

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

If I understand you correctly you want to be able to read a stable RPM on the Racepak while on the Two Step is that correct. You are using a inductive pickup right now. Are you using a Six Shooter or what for ignition control.

3. jay70cuda

Yes exactly. I want to read a stable rpm launch. I run it thru the six shooter. And racepack doesn't return calls. So yes mike if you could help me it be awesome .

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

How many devices do you have attched to the Tach Output of the 8168 Retard Box right now and what are they?

Will Hanna are you out there? It sure would be nice if I could attach a PDF file to this post. Am I missing something, is there a way to do it? I cannot find a way to attach a pdf file from my computer.

5. jay70cuda

It's a v300 sd. And I have my timing reader plugged in to it.

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

You can only get away with two devices plugged into your 8168 Retard box tach ouput so you have to do an easy change to make it into a High Output Tach Signal. I have a drawing with the cheanges but can't attach a darn PDF to a post. If you email me directly at mike.c@mindspring.com I will email you the MSD drawing back.

7. Iron Mike

Iron Mike New Member

Pdf

I posted a PDF to photobucket and then linked that to an other forum once.

8. jay70cuda

We got it figured out. Mike is a great person for helping us all out. As well as all the other who answer our question to make our life easier. Thanks for this being an awesome site. Thanks ita !!