2 step on blower setup

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by noslin, Mar 6, 2017.

1. noslin

noslin New Member

have couple questions. with methanol blown setup can you use 2-step?

went to March Meet and watching some of the pro funny/fed's. ive noticed the guys (nitro and meth) do not put on 2 step at launch, they rev the motor up by foot and then launch. why dont they use a 2-step setup on their cars. if nitro setup, will it blow up as its dropping cylinders? on blown setup using 2-step does the blower continue to build boost?

ty
    dean

2. GTPerf

GTPerf Member

2 step can work fine on blown alcohol , pretty sure 2 steps not allowed in some classes , WOT on 2 step boost will stop going up, the higher the 2 step the higher the boost no idea's on nitro

3. Jason Green

Jason Green Member

Yes you can use a two step on a blown motor, you just have to pull fuel out of it while it's on it. The majority of the blown pro mods use one no matter if they have a converter or clutch. I can't speak to why the guys you saw aren't using it but if I had to guess I'd say it's not legal in their class, after all it is nostalgia type racing

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

A nitro car only launches from idle because of the type clutch they are using. And yes you are correct in that if you put nitro engine on a two step and dropped cylinders it would most likely blow up. NHRA does not allow two steps on alcohol funny cars.

5. Jason Green

Jason Green Member

Yes, what Mike said. 2-step + nitro=$$$$$&

6. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

I drove a nitro coupe many years ago it was on 25% they were 2 stepping before.lol it scared me i was crewing on a top fuel car at the same time.We tested the owner let me free rev it @ 6000 had the same amount of boost at the hit,and it was f ing cool sounding vs 2 step lol

7. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Yes you can and it works great, On a friends pro mod he had a pneumatic throttle controller and Bob Newberry suggested we go to a 2 step. I forget the exact numbers but the 60 ft cam down by arround .05 if I remember correctly.