2 Mags 8971 & racepac question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Blownjet13, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Blownjet13

Blownjet13 New Member

Have a car Im tuning with dual 44,s, racpac and 8971 box. The 8971 is not hooked up, and i'm trying to get some straight answers on crank trigger wiring. I'm not familiar with the race pac yet but I understand it is getting its TDC signal off the crank trigger right now. So do I piggy back the 2 mags together, or seperate them and piggy back The racepac off one of the mags ,or run 3 crank sensors or ? Engine is a TFX BAE Hemi, set up for 2 crank sensors as it is not 3 apparantly it was working at one time. any help would be appreciated. I do use an 8973 on another car and love it. single mag RPM data logger.
    Thanks Jay

2. nitrohemi

nitrohemi injected nitro!!

call rcd they make the brackett assy that monts in the 6 o clock postion
    off the lower portion of the front cover , becuase tdc will not line up ,
    when you are getting btdc timing phased in like 27-70 deg btdc as normall
    also you can make or purchase a wye adapter from leahy & run just one crank trigger for a 2 mag system , plus a tdc sensor that way you only have 2 total instead of 3 to wire up . keeping it simple , thats how i run the 8973 box on our a/fuel car , had zero issues . & its a lot cheaper than the other options ,

3. Blownjet13

Blownjet13 New Member

Thats what I wanted to do is run both mags off 1 sensor, but was told you couldnt do that. You are doing that with no problems? MSD cant even tell you what you can and cant do. your the first person that didnt give me a wishy washy answer. Thank you. I understand why they like to run them seperate, so if you loose one you still have the other firing. But I really dont want a 3rd sensor if I dont have too. Thanks again. Jay