2 in the top half

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tjenna, Oct 11, 2003.

1. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

1 A/FD Bill Reichert 5.288 274.05 274.05
    2 A/FD Alan Bradshaw, 5.298 263.23 263.23
    3 A/FD Morgan Lucas 5.335 260.04 263.69
    4 A/FD Tony Bartone, 5.342 272.14 272.14
    5 A/FD Todd Datweiler, 5.344 259.06 261.24
    6 A/FD Bruce Bowler, 5.355 257.14 257.14
    7 B/AD Marty Thacker, 5.380 256.41 259.66
    8 B/AD Steve Federlin, 5.433 259.74 259.74
    9 B/AD David Wells5.444 250.27 257.43
    10 B/AD Lee Callaway, 5.465 256.19 257.21
    11 A/FD Gene Snow 5.474 245.76 245.76
    12 B/AD James Thompson,5.492 259.51 259.51
    13 B/AD Ed Schmeeckle, 5.516 254.09 254.59
    14 A/FD Chris Ricketts, 5.550 249.72 249.72
    15 B/AD James Copeland II, 5.569 256.33 256.33
    16 A/FD Karl Brounkowski, 5.614 263.15 263.15

2. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Sad isn't it, How come no one has posted anything about how fabulous those 20's were by the AFD cars?
    Kim

3. Wendland

Wendland Guest

The A/Fuel cars look great! Kim, is that what you wanted to hear?

4. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

That's okay too Rob, But I'm sure you know that what I meant was I had not heard any of the fans or other racers come on and say, "Hey! look at that an AFD ran in the 20's!!! Wow nice pass, you guys were really haulin'."
    It's always great to hear that you make a great run and everyone knows and appreicates it, so when you don't hear it about the A/FD cars when they run a 20+, I take it that no one is impressed, because it is much more routine.
    You know I like to win races just as much as the next person, but I do not want to continue to be the underdog simply because we don't run AFD. Once again just MY opinions. Cause we all gottem. Kim

5. The Zone

The Zone Member

Kim, while I agree with you to a point on the fact that it is expected that the top a/fuelers will run a twenty, so it is no big deal. The constant whining about it is not going to solve anything, I am afraid. Just to out and do you you guys do and have fun. The NHRA have a very tough situation on what to do rules wise, and while I don't know how much they will slow down if in fact the weight rule come to fruition, combine that with the new clutch and you should have around a 6-8/100ths swing in the parity. (3-4/100ths on the weight and 3-4/100ths on the clutch). I think that the rule should be something that should be allowed to be adjusted though if it is not accomplishing its goal.

Try and be positive Kim, Rome was not built in a day. The disparity is something that had a minor effect last year (look at the overall stats and be objective)and more of an effect this year, but the effect the other way previous to these past couple years was also great. Things have a way of working out. Constant complaining is not becoming for either class.

Dean

6. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Dean, I guess you have never heard me whine or complain for real!!! LOL Kim ;) :D

7. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

" YAHOOOOOOOOO" Way to go Bill ! ! ! ! ! ! Number one * * * * * Hey Kim how ya doin? I see youre home this weekend too. I stayed home cuz my daughter went to homecoming last night. Shelooked so beautiful in her gown and the weather was perfect for a night out.

8. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Hi Gloria! Congrats on the #1 spot and the win yesterday. (I hate to be home at races like that!) But I kinow what you mean, our homecoming was last weekend. Someone has to stay home and do all the family stuff!!!!
    If you guys are going to Vegas, I'll see you there. Kim

9. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

We havent been #1 in a long time but thats racing. We aren't going to Vegas at least I dont think we are. Calif is our last thank god ! ! We have been on the road seven weeks now and i was glad to stay home and help my daughter. She looked awesome and her date is a real hunk. She told me he asked her to be his girlfriend after the dance..HOW SWEAT IS THAT ! ! ! !

10. The Zone

The Zone Member

Sounds "SWEET" ;)
    Dean

11. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

How old is your daughter? I can't remember if you ever said or not, I know out girls are pretty close in age. We will be in Pomona too, you will have to bring pictures for me to see. I have not been out much this year because of our lack of people to watch the "kids" (not babies anymore!) So it seems like I have not seen Marty for a long time. Between working, working in the shop on the car, and being gone racing when I couldn't go, I am kinda looking forward to Vegas and Pomona. Kim

12. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

It would be nice to see "our" two Division 3 guys in the final! hope that doesn't jinx either one of them!!!! Kim

13. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

SEEEEE, I JINX him!!!! Good luck Gloria.

14. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

Ashley is fifteen and a sophmore her boyfriend is a senior and is the star of his football team. Hes the best player they have. hopfully he will play in college. OH NO ! ! ! not a red light. three guys in one round or was it ???

15. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

dean,

keep one thing in mind on this lock up clutch deal. it hasn't been proven on the track. i seen with my own eyes a small stand crower clutch in thackers car, and the same on wells. yeah chesterman hauls ass with one, but gasparrelli outran him without one. i've talked to a few fc tuners that say the lock up clutch helps the newberry motors more than it will help the brad motors. how many newberry motors do you see in dragsters? it really depends on the way you run your clutch now on how well it will help you. that is IF it helps you.

if all the stuff and trick parts and ideas i've seen worked, blown cars might be in the 4's by now.... :eek: :D theories dont always get proven on the scoreboards.

what i'm getting at is without someone running well with it in a dragster, and making a marked improvement, i don't think its logical, fair, or right to include it in the parity debate. trying to guess it's potential is purely speculative.

[ October 13, 2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]

16. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

Gloria, Paige was 16 in April, I knew they were close in age. She is a junior this year. She is our oldest, and I can't believe she is going to graduate high school in just about a year and a half!!!! I never did like the color red!!!! LOL.
    Hopefully we will see you in Pomona, not sure about other races, we have a different truck and trailer we have to get ready. Kim