1st race at SGMP (Valdosta) Div 2

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Savage, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Savage

Savage New Member

Congrats to "Batman", Ronnie, Eddie "The Tube", and all the Alabama "Mother Truckers" on your win at Valdosta. It was a tricky race track, and I was happy to be part of it.
    Like the truckers say - "Put 'er in the big hole, and let'er EAT!
    It's a nice facility, and I look forward to runnin my Outlaw door car there...
    Denny Savage

2. BAD TAD

BAD TAD top fuel

Congrats to the "boys from bama" Kelly Racing team on the Div 2 win in Cecil Ga. wish I could have been there to help. Hope you didn't work the Rev. too hard.I'm sure Edd and Mark did an Excellent job without me (celebrating that is).
    Hope to see everyone at the next event.
    The other Baker

3. sc2265

sc2265 New Member

congrats 2 byes into final cant beat luck

4. BAD TAD

BAD TAD top fuel

Winning events (even divisional) takes a little more than luck with all the great teams out there of course every little bit helps. getting the bye was not luck (low et in qual. earned that) but any time you defeat a team like M.Gunderson in the final you can consider yourself lucky.

5. sc2265

sc2265 New Member

yep lucky is what i would call it. id rather be lucky than good though. to bad gunderson had problems and couldnt run but 5.60 something

6. Michael Gunderson

Michael Gunderson New Member

We actually ran a 57 but luck was not involved. Guy Kelly and his crew beat us fair and square and we have no complaints. I want to say that as long as there are people like the Alabama boys it just gives me reason to keep trying, thats what it is suppose to be about. MG