12 degree BBC heads

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by overkill69, Jan 22, 2012.

1. overkill69

overkill69 Member

Anybody have experience with Profiler or Raptor 12 degree heads for a max effort screwblown app? I talked to Reher Morrison and they said the raptor needs extensive chamber mods and huge deck clearance to work....is the design worse than the 14 degree chiefs i'm running now?

Thanks
    Mike Bruns

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

The new profiler or now called gt performance in nc have awesome billet heads now that work amazing. They flow over 500 cfm at 900 lift. Big chiefs are a thing of the past. We made 2400 hp at 20 over on stock kobelco with em.

3. Mac

Mac Member

Talk to Lonnie Houde he's made some big power with them

4. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

Those 12 degrees that you are speaking of are all designed around naturally aspirated scinarios. If you are going for a max output combo, better to start with a head that was designed for that. These heads have no chamber, and want to run big compression with no piston dome. Not exactly the hot ticket for an all out blown application.

5. overkill69

overkill69 Member

pretty much what i've found...they don't gain much strength over a chief and I don't need anymore flow. I found a couple longblocks used but everything is based around the 12 degree heads. The tiny chamber is kinda useless for 4.25 stroke blown.