10/71 littlefield HH Retro boost problem.

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blowntrifive, Jun 6, 2010.

1. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

Hey guys was wondering if any of you might help me to understand a boost problem I'm have on my 509 bbc. I was running this at 27% over made 22psi, @ 7500,turned it up and went to 39.1 % over and it makes 25 psi @7500 rpm. Last year I made 22 psi @ 18% over on a 496 bbc with the same heads and camshaft,also you could hear the blower coming a mile away with the wine,this year you can't hear no wine at all? I also had this re-stripped 8 runs ago for the new engine and season and they took out the black strips and put white ones in all the lobes,could this be one of my problems,this is on alcohle as well not gas,thought I should mention it. The blower is in perfect shape has around 50 passes since new from littlefields. I would like to make 35 psi but I think something is wrong and don't want to keep turning it up till I have it right. Blower is back off and going to send it out,any thoughts would be great thanks!

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

first..blacks removed and teflons put back is ok that is what we do on all the blowers we do at the shop, I just wounder if they cut the new white on the tips rite? also if you use blower spay gel it will help a hole bunch I sell to Don Schumacher Cruze paul Romine and the list goes on I was talking to Phil Shuler and Ronnie Thompson phil is crew cheif on corys car and ron is crew cheif on capps a few days ago and the told me they can't use enough spray gel in there blowers and also they use it on valve train to, DSR buy around 5 to 6 cases a week and there cars fly:).I sell the spray for $7.00 per can I know that mert Littlefield also sell the same stuff, so what Iam saying is if your loosing boost that is telling me that the blower is not sealing up very well. Iam in kansas I don't know were you live but I would be glad to look at it at no cost, and if it need restripped it is usally around 150 to 200 and that is checking your timming looking at all the seal check bearings ect. if you are closer to the west coast call Mert Littlefield, his blower work kicks butt he and Andy are #1 in my books...p.s. all my parts come from Mert:)..dave
    any questions call my shop (9-5) 620-231-8068

3. suddendebt

suddendebt Blown Altered

how to apply

How do you apply the spray. I have some so just wanting some instructions.

The blower is still on the car. also I have one that im restripping what are the steps for this way if any different. ( do I spray it while I have them out?)

bob

4. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

Hey Dave thanks for the info,I forgot to mention I do spray it before every race. I get it from oddys here in ny,no label on can so I don't know what or whos it is. I'm in upstate ny,but you are right about littlefields those guys are the best, know them all,I bought my blower there because of mert years ago,super good people to deal with,wish they were closer. I let you know how I make out and thanks again for the offer and the advise,Vinnie DiRose

5. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

Bob all you do is before firing the car up,open the injector butterflys have someone turn the engine over and spray the rotors of the blower with the mag or ignition off. Hope this helps.

6. blown375

blown375 New Member

13 cubes is not that big a difference so I would look at cam timing.
    do you know exactly where the timing was in the old engine when you took it apart?

7. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

Hey Bob,yea it is dead on with this engine as well,losing my mind on this one. I have no thoughts on this, tried and checked all areas so far. Shit I even silicones the oring and blower to make sure it was not leaking,that was fun getting off,LOL.I know one thing it diffintly not right. Blower is @ Oddy's now waiting to see what he finds if anything. Dam thing looks great! thanks Vinnie.

8. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Vinnie, just curious how much do they charge you for a can of spray? Dave

9. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

It was 20.00 for two cans and the labels were removed.I have no idea whos it is or who made it,when I need more I will give you a call. I see a lot of teams use Prizm Gel.thanks Vinnie.

10. alcohol altered

alcohol altered New Member

Thats Oddy's for ya. No labels or part numbers. So if you get the wrong parts, you don't know till you have spent several hundred dollars trying to make wrong parts work. Been there done that and will never deal with them again.

11. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

Do you turn it over with a ratchet or do you use your starter? Thanks

12. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

You use the starter,turn ignition off or your mag and spin it over and spray your rotors.