$10,000 to win plus track payout !

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pro X-Treme Dragster, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Pro X-Treme Dragster

PXD Endorsed race held at Norwalk Raceway Summit Motorsports Park

Oct 24-31 2010 (M-Su) K&N Halloween Classic XXXVII!

For more info. go to www.ProX-TremeDragster.com

2. lambfunnycar

lambfunnycar New Member

Is this for dragsters only? Last year we were there and they put us in Xtreme Dragster class, with a Funny Car. Is this something new this year or same thing as last year? Are you allowing Alters, Pro Mods and Funny cars?

3. Pro X-Treme Dragster

Rules

BODY: Must be open-bodied cars: Dragsters, Roadsters, Altereds and Funny Car Bodies

permitted.

For more info. ----> www.ProX-TremeDragster.com

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

Is there a place to find the rules or do I have to contact someone? I looked on the website and didn't find anything.

5. Pro X-Treme Dragster

Rules

.400 pro tree. Only cars capable of running 4.90 or quicker in the 1/8th mile are eligible to
    compete. NHRA safety rules will be strictly enforced based upon competitor’s elapsed time and
    miles per hour. Cars must be tech approved before qualifying.
    If a particular combination is creating conditions that are detrimental to the class, adjustments
    may be made at any time, at the discretion of Summit Motorsports Park.
    DESIGNATION: O/D followed by permanent car number.
    WEIGHT MINIMUMS: The minimum weight requirements for the series are as follows:
    Small-block dragster or altereds
    Naturally aspirated: 1450 pounds
    Nitrous assisted: 1550 pounds
    Supercharged or turbocharged: 1650 pounds
    Big-block dragster or altereds
    Naturally aspirated: 1500 pounds
    Nitrous assisted: 1700 pounds
    Supercharged or turbocharged: 1800 pounds
    4- or 6-cylinder dragsters or altereds
    Naturally aspirated: 1400 pounds
    Nitrous assisted: 1500 pounds
    Supercharged or turbocharged: 1600 pounds
    All cars will be required to stop at the scales following each qualifying and/or elimination round.
    Failure to stop at the scales will result in the forfeiture of the round and reinstatement of the
    competition.
    RACE PROCEDURES
    CHANGING DRIVERS: The car and driver may not be switched after the car and driver have
    qualified.
    ELIMINATIONS: Should a qualified car break before the first round of eliminations, alternate(s)
    will be instated. However, the “qualified car” will receive first round money. Subsequent round
    money will be awarded to the “alternate”.
    LANE CHOICE: In all cases, lane choice will be granted (in any pair) to the car with the lower
    elapsed time in either qualifying or the previous round of eliminations.
    QUALIFYING: Cars must alternate lanes in qualifying. There will be two (2) official qualifying
    sessions unless legitimate circumstances prevent it, i.e. inclement weather, etc.
    Once a car takes the green light or leaves before the tree in activated it is considered an official
    qualifying run. If a car breaks before the act of staging, you will be given until the end of the
    round to qualify.
    STAGING: Once a car in directed into the bleach box, he/she will be required to run within two
    (2) minutes after being directed to do so or will be disqualified. Courtesy staging will be
    enforced.
    STARTING: During eliminations, any vehicle starting a run before the tree in activated will be
    disqualified. A re-run will result only if both vehicles leave before the tree is activated.
    TIMING SYSTEM: The Compulink Timing System with Auto Start will be used.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requirements & Specifications
    BODY
    BODY: Must be open-bodied cars: Dragsters, Roadsters, Altereds and Funny Car Bodies
    permitted.
    COMPUTERS & ELECTRONICS
    COMPUTERS: Onboard diagnostic computers are permitted.
    ELECTRONICS: Optical sensors are not permitted.
    CHASSIS
    BALLAST: Any ballast must be secured, i.e. bolted as per the NHRA rulebook.
    ENGINE
    ENGINE: Any internal combustion engine allowed with any modification. Only one engine may
    be used. No cubic inch limit. Only one power adder may be used. No screw type blowers
    allowed. No nitro methane.
    TRANSMISSION
    TRANSMISSION: No restrictions. Power Glide must have SFI approved case.
    TIRES
    TIRES: No tire restrictions.
    SAFETY EQUIPMENT
    All cars/drivers equipment must pass track safety rules and comply with all NHRA regulations.
    Chassis must meet certification for elapsed time and speed.
    CLEARANCE: Three (3”) inch ground clearance is required from the front end to twelve (12”)
    inches behind the spindle. Maximum projection ahead of spindle centerline: 30 inches.
    ENGINE DIAPERS: All cars must have a diaper. The diaper must be pulled tight to ensure that
    no part of it trips the timing system.

6. smblkbob

smblkbob Member

Bradenton

I see where The Snow Bird Nationals is listed on your events.

What is the payout/car count for this event?

Bob

7. Pro X-Treme Dragster

The Snowbird race pays $500 contingency to the winner of the race if you are a PXD member. Car count is usually around 20 cars for the Snowbirds

Pro X-Treme Dragster is an association that participates in racing venues that are already running established Heads-up Dragster Quick 8 races. If you become a member of Pro X-Treme Dragster and attend one of the scheduled events and win the race you will receive a contingency winnings by The Pro X-Treme Dragster association plus the track payout for that event.

Winnings are as follows. Every track has there payout winnings that you will receive. Then there is a Pro X-Treme Dragster Contingency Payout if you are a member. That figure is $500 extra over what the tracks are paying.

Here are the "8" scheduled Pro X-Treme Dragster races that contingency is being payed.

May 1st. IHRA Rockingham Elite 8 Dragster Race North Carolina

June 18th Norwalk Summit Motorsports Park Outlaw Dragster Quick 8 Ohio

July 4th Mountain Park Dragway Dragster Quick 8 Kentucky

July 17th I-40 Dragway Dragster Quick 8 Tennessee

Aug.14th IHRA Martin Michigan Elite 8 Dragster Race MICHIGAN

Aug. 28th IHRA Budds Creek Elite 8 Dragster Race Maryland

Sept. 10th Norwalk Summit Motorsports Park Outlaw Dragster Quick 8 Ohio

Dec. Snowbird Nationals Bradenton FL. Outlaw Dragster Quick 8 Florida
    -
    -
    -
    The PXD Contingency race held at Norwalk Raceway Summit Motorsports Park

Oct 24-31 2010 (M-Su) K&N Halloween Classic XXXVII! is our "Big MONEY" race event being name the Largest Payout in Outlaw Dragster History.

8. wildbill

wildbill New Member

Thats alot of rules for a heads up race, the guys down south only have 7 rules and four are safty. Run what ya brung

9. nitrodude

nitrodude Nostalgia Top Fuel

Not that " EXTREME"

NO NITRO , !!!!

BUT You can Have a $12,000 M-80 Blower !!!! And a 5.50 TAD motor !!!!

Just another Regional "NICHE" group , With the Rules set according to what "THEY" run !!!

How many spectators show for these races , after a couple seasons of developement ??

IMHO , Fans (who are our life's blood) want to see Variation among competitors , not cars that all look the same (other than paint) and all sound the same !!

Pro Top Outlaws was a good show for a while , till the fans got used to them !!

Now , Many of those cars have migrated to these Pro- Extreme events , so where is the future ??

10. blown375

blown375 New Member

Most of the cars in the group were pro top outlaw cars :cool:

The rules may have been put in place in order to get a group of consistently fast, competitive, dependable cars not a bunch of aborted runs and oil downs !

11. DQUES

DQUES Member

Nitrodude , let me answer a few of the questions you asked .

As far as all cars looking the same with the exception of paint , here is a few of the different cars that competed this year . Blown big block ( and hemi ) dragsters , blown small block dragsters ( ford and chevy ) , N2O dragsters ( small and big block ) , blown alterds , ( small and big block ) , N2o alterds w/EFI these are off the top of my head .

The rules are made up by the class sponsors and based loosely on TD rules .

The purse is paid by the sponsors (who are racers) and not the track , spectator attendance is not needed to pay the purse , no advertising other than the track schedule and word of mouth . Most events the stands were bare with the night under fire being the only big one with head count around 35k .

As for the future nobody knows yet , 1 of the class sponsors is backing out .

If you want to see cars that do not all look the same which pro class do you watch ? , maybe you enjoy the variation in the Top Fuel , Funny Car , and Pro Stock classes these days at nat'l events ? . Surely they don't sell any tix .

A lot of the cars were PTO members so now they have another place to race . If you want to run nitro why not contact Bill Bader Jr. and bring your sponsorship money with you and a list of rules you want . I wouldn't doubt if the insurance has something to do with not running nitro at these events , just speculation though .

Is that your car in your avatar ? .

Dave

12. nitrodude

nitrodude Nostalgia Top Fuel

Agreed !!!

I'm aware the class was , for the most part , "structured" around the Pro-top Outlaw cars ,
    That was not a question !

"How many spectators show for these races , after a couple seasons of developement ??"
    was my question , and you answered it in the statement below ---

(Quote) "Most events the stands were bare with the night under fire being the only big one with head count around 35k ."

Now surely , the "NITRO CARS" and the JET TRUCK had considerable , if not "ALL"
    the drawing power at the "NITE OF FIRE" did they not ??

So perhaps , if the class rules were to include INJECTED NITRO , BLOWN NITRO , with restrictions on both to prevent "REAL" Big Show cars from competing , the stands could be filled to a capacity that would perpetuate this latest effort in the respect of giving the TRACK itself a good payday on more of the events and prolong the life of the class in the long run .

My post was not meant as a slam to this effort , It was meant just to try and give more diversified racers a place to race and bring awareness to the drawing power of the nitro powered cars .

My own type of restriction would be to take the Quickest anticipated ET for existing cars , and use it minus an agreed upon amount , (say a tenth) as a cap on the class, to control any runaways that show up .

I would also , if it were up to me , Not allow any rear engine Nitro cars !

Dave , the racecar in my avatar belonged to Bob Steffens ; I drove it for a few seasons ,tuned it for a couple more . it then was sold . I'm in the seat in that pic .
    He now has a new one ready .

Mine is similar , in some respects , only it has a Chevy instead of a Donovan .

Thank you for your clarifications .

13. DQUES

DQUES Member

As far as fan draw , I don't think it was ever a question as to the longevity of the class . Bader charged X amount of dollars to run the classes and the sponsors paid it ( 2 year deal ) . Nitro cars were allowed to run with the O/D class at the night under fire , only one showed and it didn't make the show . I am guessing that car was allowed to run nitro because of the other fuel cars on the grounds that drew the fans , insurance possibly ? , I don't know .

If you have enough nitro racers (blown and injected) why not bring your idea to Bader , he is all about making $$$ if you can pack the house . Even at this years friday night attendance rate of $15 , 30-35k fans would get his attention for sure ! .

You mentioned , put a cap on the class ? , then it would turn into index racing , boring . It is meant to be a heads up class that is somewhat affordable compared to a pro class .

14. BLOWN INCOME

In my opinion on the "nitro".... Most of the below average group of nito racer (not the pros) only run as fast,if that, as the alcohol group at norwalk with 3.99 bump spots for a q-8....would the upper half of that group run for $1500 to win ??? No .....would they do it for $10,000 ??? Hell yes....there is a place for them,just not at this type of race !!!!!!
    Like dave said this group has a place to run and kinda have fun with our fast cars..but the line has to draw somewhere and you can't please everyone,beeing it nito, srews blowers or roots and nitrous...
    This race in question draws an average a 1400 car count ,not many people come to watch because of football and sometimes the 20 and 30 degree weather.........

Santo

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  15. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

Screw Blowers

I was curious why there is such a disdain for the PSI Screw Blowers? They are incredibly reliable and almost never need to be rebuilt. A definite cost advantage in my my mind. In the outlaw group I work with we are fortunate to have a mix of blown (screw and high helix), nitrous, small block, hemi, big block. The guys with the helix seem quicker and more consistent overall determined by their overall wins.

So...why no screw blowers?

16. BLOWN INCOME

Vamcaptain,
    this group has no,no,index
    your group (dc outlaws) have a index(6.40) so it doesn't matter if you run a screw or not as long as you run your index
    our group had 3.99 bump spots without screws...

Santo

17. fastavenger 588

fastavenger 588 New Member

6.40 3.99

6.40 sucks u can run 4.00 on 7 cylinders with a good car we are working on a 4.00 deal times have changed and the 6.40 class is falling behind ! vamcaptain come and run with some good cars!