1.7 vs 1.6

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Flyboy68, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

Hey guys...526 w/ Brad fuel heads. Our pushrods rub hard on the heads. We found running stock rocker stands fixes our problem. However going to a lower rocker ratio would possibly fix this too. Obviously going from 1.7's to 1.6's would decrease power...any ideas which method would work best? Change stands or rockers? Problem w/ the stands is we have about 4 sets.

Josh

2. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Changing the rockers will kill about .050 lift depending on cam. Is that the direction you want to go? Personally, If I went that way it would always bother me in the back of my mind and I would probably then fix it right anyway after going through the rocker deal.
    So, can you live with that is the question?

Blessings.........Ron Clevenger.

3. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

it's 6 one way, half a dozen the other. Neither way is the wrong way of fixing it. Obviously these stands were made for something, whether it be a lower ratio or whatever. I see what you're saying though. However I guess i'm trying to figure which one is the lesser of two evils. Robbing horsepower seems to be the lesser...:rolleyes:

4. TWD

TWD Blown alky

Maybe bigger tubes in the heads? We had a pair of head which weren't a pair after all. One head with the smaller tubes caused rubbing, the larger ones 18.25 mm / 0.72" i.d. were fine.

HTH
    Marcel