Ahten Returns Home to Defend Pomona Finals Crown

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Nov 12, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Ahten Returns Home to Defend Pomona Finals Crown

Pomona, CA. – This week Johnny Ahten pulled into the gates of the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona not as just any racer, he made his entrance as the defending champion in the Top Alcohol Dragster class. At last year’s final, Ahten Racing captured their first event win when Johnny defeated Jim Whitley in the final round. A year has passed and Ahten remains determined to repeat.

“There is a strong contingent of racers here for the finals,” said Ahten. “We ran well at the Vegas National event and qualified number one. Then we qualified for the eight car field out of twenty-five entries for the Regional event. We are going to build upon our strong runs and learn from our issues. I am very happy to be home. This is the busiest three weeks of our season. I am looking forward to working on the car, visiting with friends, and racing at my favorite track,” added Ahten.

The World Finals at Pomona is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, and winning this race has special meaning to all the competitors. Johnny’s crew chief, Al Ahten and racing partner Howard Katano, have poured over the run data and are preparing the Stump Puller for its last race of the year. Bob Ahten, Kevin Colvell, Chuck Costabile, and John Rogers will make sure the job gets done. The Island Renovations / Combust Filters sponsored team is ready, willing, and able.

“I grew up at this track, and I want to win every time I race here,” added Ahten. “In order to defend our title we will have to dig deep and work as a team. This has been an exciting year filled with highs and unfulfilled accomplishments. Running our own race and taking what the track will allow earned us the trophy last year, and that is our game plan for this year.”

To stay informed visit: www.facebook.com/JohnnyAhtenRacing

Johnny Ahten was born into a family of racers. Ahten Racing began in the late sixties with Johnny’s father and Uncle hitting the local strips of Southern California. In 1998, Johnny attended Frank Hawley’s Drag Racing School. Early the next year, Johnny competed in his first full season of Top Eliminator West. He captured the Rookie of the Year title and finished 2nd place in the points. He continued to hone his driving skills the next few years until 2004 when the team moved up to Top Alcohol Dragster. Johnny qualified at his first event immediately after upgrading his license earlier in the week. Johnny's first National event win came in 2013 when he captured the NHRA Pomona World finals Top Alcohol Dragster crown. When not racing, Johnny is a Captain in the Los Angeles County Fire Department, a husband, and father of two boys.

Island Renovations understands the complexity of Hawaii's homes and their customers’ needs. Whether you are looking to build, remodel, or replace your existing windows and doors, Island Renovations is there to provide outstanding service and products to give your home added value with the satisfaction and peace of mind from a company that puts their customers first. Visit us: www.islandrenovations.net

The Combust Filters Oil By-Pass Filtration System provides 3 Micron filtration, 100% Water Removal, Soot Removal, Extended Engine Life, Pollution Prevention, and Reduced Oil Consumption. By keeping the oil free of moisture contamination and particulates larger than 3 microns, your engine oil will have reduced Oxidation, Nitration, while maintaining required oil viscosity and TBN for proper lubrication. Our system incorporates only the best technology and quality construction for ease of use and installation. Features include an easy to read pressure gauge, 2 sizes of spin-on filters (7” and 12”), a push button oil sample valve, and a custom flow fitting to ensure a continuous proper flow. No internal moving parts to wear out! Visit us at: www.combustfilters.com