Demke Could Clinch National Championship at Fall Nationals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 18, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Demke Could Clinch National Championship at Fall Nationals

ENNIS, Texas (September 18, 2014) – Three-time Top Alcohol Dragster national championship runner-up Chris Demke is within striking distance of his first national title. A win at this weekend's Texas AAA NHRA Fall Nationals at Texas Motorplex is all it would take for Demke to clinch the championship. The Californian driver won five of his recent races, as well as the first round of the delayed Carolina Nationals at Charlotte. The Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products driver has Charlotte in the mirror and has switched his focus to winning a championship.

“I thought I had to go to Charlotte and Dallas to have a chance at wrapping up the championship. I figured since Charlotte was delayed there was no way I could lock it up at Dallas, but that's not the case. So now I'm excited. I can just taste it. It's certainly not a guarantee; it's a tall order. I'm just thrilled to be in this position,” said the excitable Demke.

“I say that I'm not going to think about it (the national championship) but of course I'm going to think about it. At the same time I know I'm just going to Dallas to have a good time. If we keep our heads down, our shoulders squared and we keep executing like we have been at the last few races then there's a chance we can come out of there in good standing.

“But certainly going to Dallas and expecting to win, there's no way I can expect that. The last guy to beat me in eliminations and the guy with the best chance of taking the championship from me, Joey Severance, will be there. Not only him, but Shayne Lawson in Randy Meyer's car. A host of very competitive cars will be there. It's going to be an extreme challenge but one I believe my team is up to,” Demke claimed.

Joining Demke, team owner Jerry Maddern and the Peen Rite team at the race this weekend will be a special guest.

“I'm bringing my girlfriend, Cookie, my good luck charm. She was at Pomona at the beginning of the year and she went to Acton and Columbus – three of the races we won. I hope her support will help us win this race and the national championship,” Demke said.

The Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster team was racing at the Pep Boys Carolina Nationals at zMax Dragway, where they won first round before the rest of the race was delayed. The remainder of Carolina Nationals eliminations will continue at the Reading, PA national event, Oct. 3-5 at Maple Grove Raceway.

“They're going to make up Charlotte at Reading, which is fine. We won't make the decision to go or not until we're done with Dallas. If we need to make the trip to Maple Grove, then we're on our way. We're going to go where ever we need to go to make this championship happen.”

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The team's Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/Operational Solutions/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice, and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Chris Demke and Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Operational Solutions Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, LA X-Ray, and Morningwood Energy Drink.