Demke Taking Hot Streak to Pep Boys Carolina Nationals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 11, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Demke Taking Hot Streak to Pep Boys Carolina Nationals

CONCORD, N.C. (September 11, 2014) – Top Alcohol Dragster's Chris Demke is taking his hot streak to the southeast for the Pep Boys Carolina Nationals at zMax Dragway this weekend. The 2014 NHRA U.S. Nationals champion and his Maddern Racing teammates are continuing a season-long road trip in search of their first national championship. With a healthy points lead and only a handful of events left in the season, Demke wants to stay hot.

“Momentum is important,” he said. “The thrill of winning a national event certainly lasts a lot longer with Indy, but it's time to get back to business, put that win behind us and focus on Charlotte. I only have two claimable races left so I need to make the most of my opportunities.”

The crew member-turned driver has already earned three 2014 nationals event wins, including the prestigious Labor Day tradition, the U.S. Nationals. Demke also won the last four NHRA Lucas Oil Series regional events he attended.

“We've learned a lot in these last few races. We have the best handle on the tune-up that I've seen in a long time so it's just a matter of keeping the crew, the tune-up and my driving synchronized so we can continue winning rounds like we know best,” Demke claimed.

The decision to continue east for the Carolina Nationals came down last minute. Blown alcohol cars like the Peen Rite machine typically have an advantage in warm weather, leading Demke and the Jerry Maddern-owned team to strike while the iron – and the weather – are hot.

“The idea behind going to Charlotte is to keep racing while the weather is warm. Now looking at the forecast, that won't be the case this weekend. It's either going to be cold or it'll rain. Our tune-up has done well in the warm weather of recent. I'm interested to see how it will hold up when the weather gets cool. If everything works out right, our car should lay down a (five) twenty on just about every pass. I don't want to get arrogant or set expectations too high but I know the performance is there. We just need to execute,” Demke declared, adding, “Whether it's cool or warm this weekend, I'll have cold samples of Morningwood Energy Drink to pass out to fans.”

Chris Demke and the Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products team will take to the zMax Dragway strip for Pep Boys Carolina Nationals Top Alcohol Dragster qualifying at 11:30 AM and 5:30 PM on Friday. Another session will follow at 11 AM on Saturday. Eliminations begin at 4:30 PM Saturday and continue on Sunday morning.

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The team's Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/Operational Solutions/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice, and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Chris Demke and Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Operational Solutions Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, LA X-Ray, and Morningwood Energy Drink.