Fond Maple Grove Memories Fuel Demke's Keystone Nationals Trip

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 30, 2015.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Fond Maple Grove Memories Fuel Demke's Keystone Nationals Trip

MOHNTON, Penn. (September 30, 2015) – Chris Demke's last visit to rural Pennsylvania's Maple Grove Raceway was a once-in-a-lifetime weekend that ended with two national event wins and a Top Alcohol Dragster national championship. Though he'll only be racing for the NHRA Keystone Nationals victory this weekend, and the national championship is far from decided, Demke and his Peen Rite team are still excited for this weekend's race.

“The term 'Maple Grove' gives me chills when I think about what we were able to pull off at this event last year,” Demke says. “Securing the national championship and winning the rained-out Charlotte race and the Maple Grove event was a once-in-a-lifetime event. While I don't think the stars are aligned to create that same type of excitement this weekend, I always look forward to going to this track. It's fast, it's fun and it's a great group of people.”

The determining factor for the level of excitement that will be created this weekend will likely be the weather. The scenic Maple Grove Raceway grounds have already seen heavy rain in the days leading up to the NHRA Keystone Nationals, with even more threatening weather expected over the weekend courtesy of Hurricane Joaquin.

“Mother Nature might be bringing a hurricane, but the Peen Rite/Maddern Racing team is bringing our own hurricane to Maple Grove because we're serious. We need this race. We need these points if we're going to stay in contention for the national championship.

“In looking at the weather report, with that rain will be some very cold temperatures. That excites me, but I don't want to worry about running low numbers, I just want to be consistent and win rounds. If some team record runs come with that, then so be it,” claimed Demke, who recorded the fastest speed in blown alcohol dragster history (277.94 mph) at this event last year.

Though the national championship won't be officially decided at Maple Grove, Demke realizes the serious implications this weekend's performance will have on his championship defense hopes.

“We can't clinch anything. In fact, we're in second place right now. Joey Severance took the lead in Indy where we unfortunately didn't perform to our full potential. We have to get this team back on track. We know where the issue is and we're ready to get back to our winning ways.”

Barring any weather-based schedule changes, Chris Demke and the Peen Rite/Boost Performance Top Alcohol Dragster team will get two qualifying shots on Friday, one on Saturday, and first round of eliminations Saturday evening. Eliminations are scheduled to continue on Sunday.

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The team's Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice, and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Chris Demke and Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, LA X-Ray, Hoosier Racing Tires, and Morningwood Energy Drink.