Permatex/Follow A Dream Team Back at Pomona for 1st Time in 5 Years

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Nov 13, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Permatex/Follow A Dream Team Back at Pomona for 1st Time in 5 Years

Marstons Mills, MA -November 13, 2014-Jay Blake's Permatex/Follow A Dream team heads to the birthplace of drag racing, the Los Angeles area, for the final race of the 2014 season, the NHRA Finals in Pomona, Calif., where the team was runner-up in 2005 and won it all in 2006. It's the first appearance in six weeks for the team, whose season was highlighted by victory at Lebanon Valley Dragway, where they scored for the second year in a row and the third time in five years.

"We've had some great moments at Pomona," said Blake, who spoke at the Veteran's Hospital in Long Beach, Calif., and at the Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., earlier this week. "Permatex's sponsorship made it possible for us to bring Follow A Dream's message of the power of positive thinking and self-determination to veterans and to the students at UTI. I was part of a ribbon-cutting ceremony at UTI for their new veteran's building, and none of that would have been possible without Permatex's involvement with our team."

It also made possible a lifelong dream for driver Todd Veney, a Southern California native who's competing at the historic Pomona track for the first time ever. "The first national event I ever went to was right here at the Winternationals in 1972," he said. "I was born out here, lived here until I was 10, and moved right back out to L.A. the day after I graduated from college, and I've always wanted to race here."

Qualifying begins Thursday and concludes with two sessions on Friday. The first round is Saturday, and final eliminations are set for Sunday. The event will be televised on ESPN2 Nov. 23 at 1 p.m. Eastern.