This Forum is presented by:

Navigation Menu

Cool

Open test for all Lucas Oil cars at the speedway. Gats open at noon, racing till 11pm. The track will be ground and the LED lights are on order and SHOULD be there in time.......................................

Anyone going as we are thinking of going but don't know how green the track will be. Randy G any input?

2. Post

As you may or may not know, the track has many features that present itself well, ie, concrete guardrailing and extensive concrete track surface. The weatherman has predicted cooler temps through at least Friday, so it will be very interesting to see how it goes.

I was considering running but Sunday is Mother's Day and I need to stay on Mom's good side. I know Dennis Taylor is planning on running, though. And I heard a rumor about Brad Littlefield. Me, I may be a spectator.

Pete Swayne is going to drive 3-4 local LODRS races this year for me so we'll probably just wait and run Bakersfield on the Thursday of the event just to get him up to speed before Friday's qualifying. By the way, Marc White will be doing the driving at our National events. He's entered to run Infinion, Indy, Chicago, and the Final's so far.

[ May 02, 2004, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Randy G. ]

Can Fontana handle 5 sec. Cars? Or they run running 1/8th mile?

They are running 1/4 mile. And that was the main reason I posted this to see if anyone else though the track can handle that kind of power. As we might go to Vegas if it can't. But I think if anything we will do both. And Randy I heard Dave Smith Jr was also injured at the Div 7 race this weekend and is in the burn unit.

DRO has a breif on this, DT said his car shook something fierce! Don't know if that's the track or just tune-up.