B&J vs. Lenco Help

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by chutedragger, Jan 8, 2011.

1. chutedragger

chutedragger Member

Nostalgia A-Fuel 2 speed....We are debating between lenco's and a B&J. Which one goes to 2nd when you lose air pressure (beer bet on this one!)? I know the BJ is killer tough, but most the guys are running Cs2 in the class...is a CS1 that much "tougher", that it should be a "must have" for our application. 10 inch crower glide, expecting a 1.5 something split, 14 inch tire, with a 7500 shift. Early Hemi (over 400 inch).

We have zero experience with this tranny/clutch combo as we have been blown/powerglide guys. ANY thoughts, comments or opinions would be really appreciated. Hate making $4000 dollar, un-educated decisions.

2. 5081afuel

5081afuel New Member

I run a B&J in my a/fuel car and love it!!! Little to no maintnance,and the guys with lencos are burning up sprags and clutch packs like crazy.. I've never hurt my B&J since 2003,and I bought it used.. And the lenco goes back into low if you lose air..

3. Mike Janis

Mike Janis Member

B&J Tranny

We have been running a B&J Tranny since 2008 after switching from a Lenco. We have had nothing but great luck with it. Mike and Jeff are two of the nicest guys you will come across and will do whatever they can to help. You will not be upset, trust me. Very durable and strong, and very little maintenance. Give them a call anytime. 1-866-781-1064

Mike Janis
    Mike Janis Racing, Inc. NHRA Pro Mod

4. Eric Lourie

Eric Lourie Member

I been running a B&J for over 10 yrs, and been on a crew that ran one for 5 yrs. before I started racing. Had nothing but good things to say about them,and never had any break on me. Not to mention that Mike and Jeff do what ever they can to make sure that you are pleased with their trans., and service.

Eric Lourie
    TA/FC

5. 5081afuel

5081afuel New Member

I want to add that Mike is the best guy I've ever dealt with in this business,he will get me whatever I need right now!!! They are the best!!!

6. chutedragger

chutedragger Member

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. We have spoken with Mike and were seriously leaning that way!!

7. Rodney O. Trower

Rodney O. Trower New Member

The best thing you can do with a Linco is trade it in on a B&J. I have had both and broke the crap out of the sprags on the CS1 Linco. Nobody is better to deal with than Mike or Jeff at B&J.

8. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Which one does Mr. Manzo use
    that should be lesson # 1

9. eli

eli Banned

If I were getting them for free, I would use witch ever I was getting for free.

10. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

come on Eli
    Just because it is free you know if it wasnt the best you wouldn't use it either

11. Creech

Creech Member

You can push a car with a lenco backwards without pushing the clutch in. A cs1 has 1" gear and a cs2 has 3/4" gears, both use the same sprags. The sprags in our cs2 screw blown TAD are still good even after multiple harlem globe trotter style tire shaking exhibitions. lenco has a few options for sprags,go with the big ones or the air sprags if you deside on the lenco.

12. badbird

badbird New Member

for a quick between rounds gearset change /repair the lenco is way easier to rebuild at the track, no where near so complicated as the b&j the cs2 is a realy good tranny,
    horses for cources