strange spindles

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by danny, Aug 6, 2009.

1. danny

danny compet elimin

Hi I'm going to give it another try, I bought front wheels from weld racing for a strange spindle partn° 788 15001 but they don't fit.

The info says strange / santhuff but there's also the anglia / lamb / strange ultra type,is that the one we need?:rolleyes:

Our smallest bearing inside size from our strange spindles are 5/8 " and the one from the other wheels ( weld racing 788 15001 ) are 3/4 "??:confused:

What are the sizes from all the spindles?
    anglia
    strange
    santhuff
    lamb
    strange ultra
    Thanks
    Danny

2. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Danny; nobody finishes the sentence...........
    Strange STRUTS !!!!!!
    Strange makes Dragster and F/C spindles with Anglia axle dims.
    Strange Struts are Camaro axle dims.
    When the dorks at the wheel co.'s list Strange, they have no clue !

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

suitcase

Danny,

Get whatever you need shipped to me, I'll just buy a bigger suitcase:D I'm always bringing parts over.

4. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

I'll measure up some spindles at work for you Danny, got Strange struts, anglia spindles and some strange funny car ones somewhere,

5. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

Check out this previous topic.

6. danny

danny compet elimin

Hi thanks for the info,below are the specs but there's no way you can see what you need , you have a 50 % chance to get the right ones.
    If I look at the info from Paul we need the anglia ;) for my strange spindles :confused:, this makes sense:mad:
    thanks Paul for giving me the sizes ours is the .625 " and I need to order the 788 15000.
    Is weld the only company making spindle mount wheels?
    Is there any chance getting the spindle shafts separated,it's press fitted and then we don't need to change anything else on the car?
    We had a shaft broken of ( with no stress marks to see ) lucky us it was on the starting line and not on the top end:eek:
    Thanks Danny

ALUMASTAR™ 1-PC ALUMASTAR™ SERIES
    DRAG RACE
    • Exceeds SFI Spec 15.2 for spindle mount applications
    • Bearing/race/seal kit, valve stem and cap included with
    spindle mount
    • Valve stem included with lug mount applications
    • Made in Kansas City, USA
    Lug Mount Caps
    Polished Cap – P605-5073
    Black Cap – P605-5073B
    ALUMASTAR ONE-PIECE FORGED
    PART # SIZE B.C. BS FINISH MSRP
    788-15000 15X3.5 ANGLIA/LAMB/STRANGE ULTRA 1.75 POLISHED $637
    788-15001 15X3.5 STRANGE/SANTHUFF 1.75 POLISHED $637

7. mbaker3

mbaker3 New Member

Anglia Spindles

Danny,

I have Anglia spindles on the front of my '32 Bantam altered.

These are the cup and cone numbers that The Anglia spindle uses:
    Inner - 07098 cone 07204 cup
    outer - 03062 cone 03162 cup
    Seal is a CR 12565

Don't know if this will help you identify what you have.

8. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Danny; a lot of F/C guys are using the newer American Racing Equipment
    "Torque Trust" five spoke. Good looking wheel, but the races are machined too close together by .125", so you MUST use a thick washer of at least that dim. outside the bearing or the nut will not tighten without it trying to cut new threads.

Bob

Meyer Race Cars / San Diego
    2010 Our 45th Anniversary

9. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

bearings and seals

if you need some of the larger lamb style bearings and seals, i have a bunch of ones here. dan 8585694904 nitrobandit1@yahoo.com , these are larger than the anglia bearings. :)

10. thjts

thjts New Member

That's comical. I've got stilleto spindles and Weld Prostar spindle mounts. I had to machine the inner bearing recess deeper by about .125" to allow the nut to screw on properly so the split pin could be fitted, and to give clearance between the bearing and the seal! The seal couldn't be fitted as the bearing simply did not sit in far enough.

Paul.

11. Kurt - Prostart Race Cars

This whole thread should be started over, it's more confusing than ever.[​IMG]

1) Yes, the "OLD" style "aluminum" Strange Strut Spindles are Camaro
    a) You will need a wheel and bearings designated for "Strange Spindle".

2) All Dragster and "Old" Style "adjustable height aluminum" Strange Funny Car Spindles are Anglia Type.
    a) You will need a wheel and bearings designated for Anglia Spindle. And yes sometimes you will need a thicker washer under the nut.

3) Lamb Strut "must use Lamb bearings" as they modify the bearings for their Struts.
    a) You will need a "wheel" designated for "Anglia" and use the special "Lamb" bearings.

4) "New 2009" Strange Aluminum Adjustable Height Funny Car Spindles have a new bearing size and require "Strange " bearings on the "Inner race and cone"
    a) You will need a wheel designated for "Anglia" and use the "Strange" bearings.

Yes, all of these bearings and races are available in parts stores. With the exception of the "Modified Lamb" bearings.
    I will not even attempt to give part numbers due to the additional confusion.
    Do yourself a favor and just purchase the right ones from the companies selling their products, after all they are not expensive.

I recently built a F/C for a customer that bought used wheels. Although they were "Anglia" Wheels, they were from a Pro-Mod with Lamb Struts. Although the bearings were very close to working, they would have failed and had catastrophic results.
    Kurt-Prostart Race Cars [​IMG]

12. atlas

atlas New Member

Danny, I have a problem also. When I bought my used FC chassis I was sent in a carton new strange spindels(anglia) type and its been some time now & I decided to assemble the steering and fit the front runner weld magnums(in a carton aswell) and the wheels bearing are too large that were mounted in the wheels. It looks like they are the pro mod spindels mount rims.
    Is there a bearing kit available to reduce them down to anglia size stub?

the bearing in the rims are outers LM11949/LM11910 inners LM67048/LM67010

michael