Kuhl blowers, any info please!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blownfastback, Jan 26, 2008.

1. blownfastback

blownfastback New Member

I'm about to buy a blower for my car and have narrowed it down to 2. One is a mid 90's magnesium SSI B rotor 60 degree that needs re-stripped. Other is a brand new Kuhl magnesium 60 degree that is new but an older model. Both are within $200 of each other. I don't mind paying to re-strip the SSI if its a better blower. Looking for 15-20 pounds of boost on a 572 Ford bracket motor. Appreciate any info! Chris

2. craig moss

craig moss Member

blower

I had a 14 60 deg kuhl it was a good blower but I would think the ssi would be better but not for sure good luck :cool:

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

If I was you I would run from a mag case blower..alcohol and magnesium don't like each other. call mert and see what he thinks.Dave

4. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

Everybody made mag blowers but nobody likes em .I have two littlefield aluminum 14-71 hi-helix's that i picked up at dmpe [kobelco] on wednesday. I'm sure i could sell you one of these for less than what it would cost you to ship and update either of the mag 60degree used blowers. free XL t shirt and decals too. PM or call 301-758-8408. thanks, joe

5. secondwindracing

my 2 cents.....I would be jumping all over nitrowannabe...I am just trying to help you not make the same mistake I made years ago..I have a nice mag case littlefield that I wouldn't sell to my worst ex wife...Dave

6. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i have 2 nice alum 1471 hihelix littlefields i need to sell right i need to buy some other stuff

7. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

how old
    what rotors

8. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i am not exactly sure how old they are they have 120 degree rotors and they made 48lbs of boost on my car is all i can tell you and there pollshed what ever that is worth and they both have just been stripped

9. secondwindracing

just met jim here on insidetopalcohol..and anything he tells you you can take it to the bank, Jim has been one of if not the nicest and most honest guys iv'e met and done buisness with here on insidetopalcohol.Dave Lowe

10. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

thanks dave your heads should be there tomorrow call me when you get them and let me know if there going to work for you